Top NFL Free Agents: RB
1. Arian Foster, Houston Texans – (RESIGNED with Houston)
Foster will get a long term deal worked out, however he is one of few players in the league who may be worth an offer sheet.
2. Matt Forte, Chicago Bears – (FRANCHISED by Chicago)
Forte is one of the best all purpose RBs in the league. The Bears had all season to work out a long term deal, but didn’t try very hard to. All signs point to the franchise tag.
3. Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens – (FRANCHISED by Baltimore)
Rice will receive the franchise tag and there is no chance of him leaving Baltimore. Although he might want to get out of Cam Cameron’s awful offense.
4. Michael Bush, Oakland Raiders – (SIGNED with Chicago)
Bush is likely to be the best UFA RB available who may end up switich teams. Bush proved this season he can be a very productive and durable everydown back. Oakland has a tough call, they have one of the most talented natural RBs in the league in Darren McFadden, but he is never healthy. Might not be financially feasible to keep both players.
5. Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks – (RESIGNED with Seattle)
Lynch has a terrific season and showed he can be one of the most physical RBs in the league. Lynch has been inconsistent throughout his career and is likely to be asking for a huge contract.
6. Peyton Hillis, Cleveland Browns – (SIGNED with Kansas City)
Hillis looked poised for a huge season and huge contract. Instead he battled injury and had multiple run ins with the Browns coaching staff. All signs point to Hillis playing elsewhere next year.
7. Mike Tolbert, San Diego Chargers – (SIGNED with Carolina)
Tolbert is going to attract a lot of interest as a change of pace back and has some of the best hands for a RB in the league.
8. BenJarvus Green-Ellis, New England Patriots – (SIGNED with Cincinnati)
BJGE is a solid but unspectacular back. He provides positive yardage and ball security. With New England drafting two RBs in the previous draft, it might be his time to move on.
9. Cedric Benson, Cincinnati Bengals
Benson has multiple 1000 yard seasons and thus will be looking for much more money than he is worth.
10. Kevin Smith, Detroit Lions – (RESIGNED with Detroit)
Smith signed mid-season with the Lions coming off a major knee injury. He proved he can be explosive both running and catching the ball. Injuries remain a big question though.
11. Joseph Addai, Indianapolis Colts
Although Addai isn’t an everydown back anymore, he would be a nice complement back. Addai can catch the ball well out of the backfield so he will draw interest from teams who are looking for a veteran back up.
12. Jason Snelling, Atlanta Falcons – (RESIGNED with Atlanta)
Has been Michael Turner’s backup for years now, but may look for a bigger role somewhere else.
13. Tim Hightower, Washington Redskins – (RESIGNED with Washington)
Hightower is an underrated back who tore his ACL mid-season. Will have to prove he’s healthy before given a shot.
14. Ryan Grant, Green Bay Packers
Grant was got lost in Green Bay’s pass first offense. He will get a shot somewhere else. Not an everydown back.
15. Brandon Jacobs, New York Giants – (SIGNED with San Francisco)
Jacobs has definitely lost more than a step, but as a change of pace, goal line back he has value.
16. Justin Forsett, Seattle Seahawks – (SIGNED with Houston)
Forsett has been a rotation back in Seattle and looked good in spurts. Will get a shot as a backup somewhere
17. LaDainian Tomlinson, New York Jets – RETIRED
Tomlinson looked finished in New York, but might opt to play one more year somewhere else.
18. Jackie Battle, Kansas City Chiefs – (SIGNED with San Diego)
19. Ronnie Brown, Philadelphia Eagles – (SIGNED with San Diego)
20. Earnest Graham, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
21. Le’Ron McClain, Kansas City Chiefs (SIGNED with San Diego)
22. Lawrence Vikers, Houston Texans (FB) – (SIGNED with Dallas)
23. Maurice Morris, Detroit Lions – (RESIGNED with Detroit)
24. Steve Slaton, Miami Dolphins – (RESIGNED with Miami)
25. Kregg Lumpkin, Tampa Bay Buccaneers – (SIGNED with Seattle)
26. Thomas Jones, Kansas City Chiefs
27. Tashard Choice, Buffalo Bills – (RESIGNED with Buffalo)
28. Cadillac Williams, St. Louis Rams
29. Mewelde Moore, Pittsburgh Steelers – (SIGNED with Indianapolis)
30. Michael Robinson, Seattle Seahawks – (RESIGNED with Seattle)
31. Sammy Morris, Dallas Cowboys
32. Lex Hilliard, Miami Dolphins – (SIGNED with Minnesota)
33. LenDale White, Free Agent
34. Kevin Faulk, New England Patriots
35. Derrick Ward, Houston Texans