Jeff Fidler’s Patriot-Type Players

A few years ago I came up with the phrase “Patriot-Type Player” to describe the type of players Bill, Nick & co went after during the draft, F.A., just in general. We all know this team looks for certain things, wants certain boxes checked. Whether it’s a Vertical Jump or 3 Cone cut off. Traits Over Production. Being a Team Captain. Participating or getting involved in Community work. Like everyone, the Patriots have a type. Sometimes it’s a players measurables. Sometimes a players background & character. A combo of all.

This isn’t a list of graded Players necessarily. Although I do put rough rankings there. Rather a list of all players & info that in some way shape or form fit the Patriots mold. The guys that can blink Morse code & defensive calls. Players that drink avocado & liver smoothies every 4-6 hours. The maniacs that crank “Wanted, Dead or Alive”, while pumping iron in their grandfather’s cut off sweatshirt.

Here is a mini-draft guide for the New England Patriots.

The Sheet isn’t complete yet. I’ll keep adding up until the draft.

9 Responses to “Jeff Fidler’s Patriot-Type Players”

1. Jeff Fid says:

Would love to hear any names anyone thinks should be on?

Any comments, criticism or suggestions?

2. Stephen J says:

Adam Schefter

Patriots are trading WR Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick to LA Rams for the 23rd overall pick in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft and a sixth-round pick, league sources told ESPN.

Wow

To whom suggested trading Brandin Cooks for a 1st round pick I bow down. Nicely done.

Would you trade Gronk to the 49ers, for 1st (9) 2018, & 2nd 2019 ?

• Brian says:

It would break my heart but I think I’d do it. Hes one injury away from retiring and that is a lot of draft capital. {Though they owe us big time for gifting them Jimmy]

Getting Derwin James or Saquon Barkley with that 9th pick would ease any unhappiness I had over jettisoning Gronk.

4. Brian says:

I viewed the document on an IPad so forgive me if I’m wrong. But I was surprised to not see Lorenzo carter in there. To me he’s one of the 5 most likely players to get drafted by the pats as he check a lot of boxes.

Glad to see Nathan Shepherd in there. I like him quite a bit and would be comfortable selecting him with the 43rd pick. Let him, Shelton, brown and guy control the line of scrimmage all day long.

Lastly it may not be popular but I would be very interested in replacing David Andrews with frank Ragnow. Would like to see more push and Aggression from the center, which Andrews with all his strengths, doesn’t achieve.

• Jeff Fid says:

He’s def making the list. Adding until the draft.

Love Andrews but I agree, we could upgrade considering the strong IOL class. Bunch of candidates.

Love Ragnow idea. Andrews is a good OC Ragnow will be a great OC.

*/ ?>