Patriots vs. Saints Discussion Thread

Hi all, we are just 15 minutes until kickoff, what/who are you looking forward to seeing tonight?

I will try and chime in as much as I can as the action unfolds and hopefully we can get some good discussion going on here.

11 Responses to “Patriots vs. Saints Discussion Thread”

1. Kevan says:

What about jake long? Atleast worth a look right? Already said but tackle has to be most concerning position right now. It would be nice to find a diamond in the rough.

2. Dan Sullivan says:

First very glad website is back. These guys that do articles do a awesome job all year.

My 5 Patriot players that make the 53 man team that are surprises.
    1 Ramon Humber ILB
    2 Nate Washington WR
    3 Ted Karras G-C
    4 Tyler Gaffney RB
    5 D.J. Foster RB

This should be a awesome year can’t wait for week 5.

Well look back to April 9th and see where I had WR Alex Erickson in my Patriot Mock out of Wisconsin. This guy will make the 53 man roster for Cincinnati!!!

4. GM-in-Training says:

So, I look at the Pat’s off season moves, and in general I like them very much. There will be many tough decisions to make to decide the 53-man roster and 10-man practice squad. I’m concerned the quality of the practice squad will leave it exposed to raiding.

That said, OT is still my biggest concern. Someone in the sea of interior linemen bodies will step up for the inside line, I feel confident, but at OT we have two potentially good but possibly breaking down big men, and 3-4 guys I’m not sure are good enough to be backups.

We can augment the OT with a couple of really good Y TE, so there’s that.

If BB wants better RB options, I think there will be some to be had come early September, but OT…that seems less likely. Maybe if they combine Cannon’s money and scrape up some more they can take on a good OT’s deal…dunno.

I haven’t been able to watch, so I’ve got a few questions for those who have:

1) How are those defensive rookies (Cyrus Jones, Elandon Roberts, KGH and all the UDFA DBs) looking out there? I thought we did a good job in drafting and signing on that side of the ball this year, with the possible exception of Vincent Valentine.

2) Is Jimmy G releasing the ball any faster than he was in 2015? He was slow on the draw last year, and he won’t have an eternity to throw the ball against the Cardinals.

3) Any news on my number 1 favorite player from this year’s draft, Devin Lucien?

• Mike Gerken says:

Hey Ryan,
      Well, my hope for having a conversation didn’t go exactly as planned, but thanks for chiming in.
      Roberts looks instinctive and I think KGH is a guy BB really likes and will make this team. When he was in, he was calling the defense, so that is a big vote of confidence for him. Jones recovered a fumble and I didn’t see him make any bad plays on D, so that is a good sign.
      Jimmy was up and down. On a couple of occasions, he definetely held the ball too long and it got him in trouble. He seemed to find a rhythm as the game went on and made some strong throws on time and with accuracy.

6. Mike Gerken says:

That did not look good for Mitchell. He was playing really well

7. Mike Gerken says:

Some good, some bad from Jimmy G so far. I like how he has stood in the pocket and willing to take a hit to complete the pass. He has been inconsistent with his touch.

8. Mike Gerken says:

one good, one bad there for Jimmy G. Held the ball way too long

9. Mike Gerken says:

I am looking forward to seeing Jimmy G of course, but I am intrigued to see how the RB’s play and I want to see how Flowers and Grissom have improved. I also am looking forward to Mitchell and KGH

Let’s get out of the game without any injuries and anything after that is gravy.

• 2014 NFL Draft