2013 NFL Mock Draft: Draft Day Creeping Near

63. Kansas City Chiefs
Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas (SCOUTING REPORT)

64. Jacksonville Jaguars
Jonathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia (SCOUTING NOTES)

65. Detroit Lions
Shamarko Thomas, SAF, Syracuse

66. Oakland Raiders
Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama (SCOUTING REPORT)

67. Philadelphia Eagles
Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State (SCOUTING REPORT)

68. Cleveland Browns
Baccari Rambo, S, Georgia (SCOUTING REPORT)

69. Arizona Cardinals
Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State (SCOUTING REPORT)

70. Tennessee Titans
Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers (SCOUTING REPORT)

71. Buffalo Bills
Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers (SCOUTING REPORT)

72. New York Jets
Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee (SCOUTING REPORT)

73. Tampa Bay Bucs
Alex Okafor, DE, Texas (SCOUTING REPORT)

74. San Francisco 49ers (via CAR)
Sio Moore, OLB, UConn (SCOUTING REPORT)

75. New Orleans Saints
Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M (SCOUTING REPORT)

76. San Diego Chargers
Dallas Thomas, OL, Tennessee (SCOUTING REPORT)

77. Miami Dolphins
Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati (SCOUTING REPORT)

78. St. Louis Rams
Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin (SCOUTING REPORT)

79. Pittsburgh Steelers
Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State (SCOUTING REPORT)

80. Dallas Cowboys
Zac Dysert, QB, Miami (OH)

81. New York Giants
William Gholston, DE, Michigan State (SCOUTING REPORT)

82. Miami Dolphins (via CHI)
Terron Armstead, OL, Arkansas Pine Bluff (SCOUTING REPORT)

83. Cincinnati Bengals
Phillip Thomas, FS, Fresno State (SCOUTING REPORT)

84. Washington Redskins
TJ McDonald, FS, USC (SCOUTING REPORT)

85. Minnesota Vikings
Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson (SCOUTING REPORT)

86. Indianapolis Colts
Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor (SCOUTING NOTES)

87. Seattle Seahawks
Brandon Williams, DL, Missouri Southern (SCOUTING REPORT)

88. Green Bay Packers
Tony Jefferson, S, Oklahoma* (SCOUTING REPORT)

89. Houston Texans
Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State (SCOUTING REPORT)

90. Denver Broncos
Justin Pugh, OL, Syracuse (SCOUTING REPORT)

91. New England Patriots
Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU (SCOUTING REPORT)

92. Atlanta Falcons
DJ Hayden, CB, Houston

93. San Francisco 49ers
BW Webb, CB, William & Mary

94. Baltimore Ravens
Cornelius Washington, DE/OLB, Georgia (SCOUTING REPORT)

95. Houston Texans (Compensatory)
Sam Montgomery, DE/OLB, LSU* (SCOUTING REPORT)

96. Kansas City Chiefs (Compensatory)
A.J. Klein, LB, Iowa State (SCOUTING REPORT)

97. Tennessee Titans (Compensatory)
Margus Hunt, DE, SMU (SCOUTING REPORT)

READ MORE MOCK DRAFTS

Continue to Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Tags: 2013 NFL Draft, 2013 NFL Mock Draft, Aaron Dobson, Justin Hunter, Mock Draft

47 Responses to “2013 NFL Mock Draft: Draft Day Creeping Near”

1. David L says:

Enjoyed the various comments. I do not believe the Patriots will take a wide receiver in the first round or double-dip in the early rounds for a WR. Likely will take one WR this draft in the 3rd round where they hoped to get Sanders from Pittsburgh with that pick. I think Stedman Bailey or perhaps Aaron Dobson.

I believe the #1 need is a defensive end like Tank Carradine or Okafor from Texas. Margus Hunt is 26 and don’t see him as a first round pick. There was little pass rush against the Ravens in the championship game without Jones available, so depth is needed.

With Talib on a one year contract and current cornerback Dowling not staying healthy a CB in the 2nd round is likely. I’m not sold on Talib being worth $5 million and he would cost more next year if he plays better.

On the other hand, the Pats brought in LB’s like Arthur Brown and Kiko Alonso for a look recently, so there’s a good chance they trade out of the first round to fill the needs of DE pass rusher, LB who can play on passing downs, CB, and WR. Can’t get all 4 positions with only 3 picks.

David hit the nail right on the head and is exactily as my thinking goes too. Although I’m not sure how many LB’s out there can really cover many WR’s? Nothing against Brown or Alonso there good LB prospects.

2. Clarkie21 says:

Why do people feel like we need more offense especially in the first round? The main reason why we haven’t won another Super Bowl is our poor defense!!! The Pats need to focus on defense at least in the one of the first two rounds. I just don’t get it!

• patsfan says:

They put up 13 points in last year’s AFC game and 17 points in Super Bowl XLVI. Sounds like the offense could us a spark to me. I understand the importance of defense but the offense should not be ignored because of it. TFB is your best player so why would you not want to give him all the tools he needs to be at his best. They gave him Moss and they broke all kind of weapons. Get him a stud WR and watch him go.

• Clarkie21 says:

Understood! But we tried this approach before in 2007. Yes, we had one of the greatest offenses in NFL history and we still lost in the Super Bowl!! I don’t mean to devalue the importance of offense. But, the Pats won Super Bowls with a good balance of defense and offense. Unfortunately, right now we are relying too heavily on our offense. And as we have seen in recent years a very good defense can stifle a great offense in a game. Tom Brady shouldn’t have to asked to carry most of the burden to win games. Our defense should be good enough to hold other teams when he is having an off day. Which can and has happened in the playoffs.

• Kevin O says:

The Viking has sign Matt Cassel. Not likely to take a QB in the second rd.

3. Mike J says:

As a Tampa fan, Eifert rd. 1 & the best available corner rd. 2 I can see, but a NT in the third would be a much better pick than a DE. Willaims from Mo. So. would be a good choice here, esp. as the Bucs have two journeyman starters to let him develop slowly.

Williams would be no doubt a fine choice. Many Pats fans covet him also but so many mocks have him going in the 2nd rd it’s a question if he will be around in the 3rd.

4. Jordan says:

Please explain why you have the Titans taking two offensive lineman with first two picks???? Cooper makes sense, Menelik Watson in round 2 makes ZERO sense. Titans have NO need for two OL in the top half of the draft. Adding Cooper would complete our OL. Only two reasons for Watson pick, it was a mistake by you or you have no clue about Titans needs.

5. J H TARBORO says:

1st combo at WR Robert Woods, Aaron Dobson
    2nd combo at WR De Andre Hopkins, Stedman Bailey
    an early and late round combo at WR Robert Woods, Mark Harrison

• Russell Easterbrooks says:

I have my doubts we will take two WR’s, I think the best Patriot system fit is Markus Wheaton at #59, while a later pick (7th) I like WR Mark Harrison who would be a developmental player. If Bill takes Wheaton I can see him getting about 20- 30 catches during the season, Harrison about 10-15.

• ryan says:

the idea of “targeting” a position in the 7th is absurd – by then you just take the highest rated player on the board.

• ryan says:

btw not trying to be critical of Russell here who is, after all, as always, giving informative commentary of a wr who may be there in the 7th – just saying that by the time the 7th rocks around there will be a player or two they probably have a 4th or 5th round grade on who they would pick regardless if he is a safety, o line man, whatever. may be real interesting to see a few ufa in camp at wr.

• steven earle says:

I agree 2 WR’s in the top 3 picks is unlikely and not necessary. Wheaton would be a great pick at 59 if he lasts that long.

• J H TARBORO says:

RUS i do like Wheaton also!

6. Tommy G. says:

Whats with everyone and Jesse Williams? You guys act like he’s the second coming of Mean Joe or something.

7. AM says:

A double-dip at WR would be great, especially in light of missing out on Emmanuel Sanders. Dobson is one of my favorite prospects in this draft, ad I think he’s well worth the pick at #59. Hunter, on the other hand, has injury issues and problems with dropping the ball–his speed and size won’t mean anything if he doesn’t play with greater concentration. In this scenario, I’d rather the Patriots traded back for an extra 4th, and grabbed Quentin Patton instead.

As to Mathieu, he has enough red flags (size, speed, freelancing, off-field issues, double-digit failed drug tests) that he’s barely worth a 7th-rounder, regardless of who’s on the board. Having D.J. Hayden still available, however, makes selecting Mathieu even more unwise; take Hayden, and let another team deal with the headaches.

• steven earle says:

I disagree about the double dipping at WR, too many other weak spots like pass rusher and DB. I agree about Mathieu being far to great a risk for a 3rd. Take a short at him with a 7th perhaps but otherwise no.

• Bmp1113 says:

I agree with you. I think trading back for patton or weaton would be best and it couldnt hurt to grab another in the 3rd. Passing on allen would be very tough though if he slides.

8. Nick says:

I think the pats will take Mark Harrison. He is a very good, very underrated WR from Rutgers who has drawn some anquan boldin comparisons. And he is 6-3. Him, Amendola, Gronk, and Hernandez should make for a fine group of receivers. He’s also considered a late round pick right now.

9. STEVEN says:

I love the double dip at WR. I believe both Hunter n Dobson will be terrific pros. Just not a big fan going with honey badger in 3rd. Prefer the 2 other cb ‘s u have slotted after him, Hayden or Webb. Hunt truly peaks my interest if fallen this low.

Not sure what the infatuation is with Jesse Williams. DL is certainly a need, but i dont think it is a first round priority. We paid Armond Armstead pretty good money, and i suspect he will see the bulk of the time next to Wilfork. And to draft him as the heir apparent, doesnt seem like a great option either, as we already have Kyle Love and I am not sure a NT is as big of a priority in the new Pass First NFL. Rather grab Bennie Logan or Brandon Williams later if we trade back and grab a receiver a defensive back and a coverage backer. Then grab another receiver as a late round flyer. Not high on Mathieu either, almost prefer BW Webb

• Bobthebuilder says:

Amen on DT stuff

• Nuf Ced says:

Williams is seen more of a 2 gaping nose, not a DT like Armstead

• steven earle says:

You make good points in that there is some good mid round DT prospects this year. Love is a useful DT but will never be confused with a difference maker. I’d prefer a better pass rusher, inside or out, for our 1st but Williams deserves to be on the short list of possables.

11. PSW says:

My hope and pray draft is 1st Jesse Williams 2nd Margus Hunt 3rd DB 7th 2 OL projects

Do we really need 2 Ol prospects in the 7th rd? Does anyone expect them to be better then Zusevies, McDonald, Cannon, Svitch, Drahiem, Tennant, Hix or Richard? Much rather take chances on high risk/ high reward guys like Ray Ray Armstrong or Travon Mathieu then guys who don’t have a snowballs chance of sticking.

• J H TARBORO says:

i haven’t heard Ray Ray Armstrong’s name mentioned very much at all.

For good reason JH, he is another of those guys with great phyisical abilitys but like Trevon Mathieu his off field antics got him booted from Miami U, He resorted to transfering to Faulkner but if I read correctly even little Faulkner had second thoughts about him so he hasn’t played for a year and a half or so. To be clear I’m not advocating that BB select them even in the 7th but I wouldn’t throw a fit if he does.

12. Phil says:

I actually want Hunter over Patterson. But I don’t see Patterson falling out of the first. Keenan Allen is dropping quick too but that far? Nahhh. I actually really like your picks of Dobson and Mathieu. Love this mock from a Pats perspective

13. Russell Easterbrooks says:

Tampa taking a TE at #13 , hell will freeze first.

14. Russell Easterbrooks says:

Holey smokes we can’t pass on DT Jesse Williams, at #29, WR Markus Wheaton #59, and LB Sio Moore #91 !!
    Jesse will be 1st rounder, LB Moore will be an early 2nd!

• steven earle says:

I could pass on Moore at 91. Prefer a DB here provided a decent prospect is available of course.

15. acm says:

ludicrous mock from a Ptas perspective, imo. 2 WR in the 1st and 2nd and taking Hunter over Allen, Patterson and especially Jesse Williams? Only in my nightmares, I hope.

As someone said earlier, Hunter represents everything the Pats aren’t and shouldn’t be looking for in a WR.

And when I thought it couldn’t get any worse, I see the Honey Badger in the 3rd? Shoot me now :)

16. Eric says:

I’d be so angry if the board fell this way and the Patriots chose Hunter over Patterson. Still, coming out with Hunter, Dobson, and Honey Badger would be awesome.

• Nuf Ced says:

I have to disagree. Mathieu fail 10+ drug tests, call me skeptical but…

Also if the pats don’t come away with someone that can spell/groom behind Wilfork OR someone to provide pass rush (which was nonexistent after Jones got injured) it is a huge mistake.

• Tommy G. says:

The last player who had big drug issues and fell to a middle round and the Patriots drafted went by the name of Aaron Hernandez.

I think taking Mathieu in the 3rd would be a great value. You all look far too much into this drug stuff.

• Nick says:

No honey badger dammit.

• Alex says:

Not Matthieu.

The drugs are a small thing, the lack of size, the mediocre athleticism, the limited role he will be able to play in the pros. All of that adds up to guy that will be a returner, and slot CB/ back up ‘SS’ at best. 4th round talent + UDFA character concerns = 6th round prospect.

• acm says:

my thoughts exactly on Mathieu – I don’t have much of an issue with his drug issues in the past. It’s more of his utility as a player in the NFL due to size and role limitations. He is one of those players who one can expect to easily be great at the college level but not transition well to the pros.

All in all, I have no issue with getting Mathieu in the 6th, 7th or UDFA but no way would I want my team to spend a 3rd rounder on him and definitely not in a year where early picks are already at a premium anyway.

Drugs are small thing one or two times but 10+ is not so small a thing.