2013 NFL Mock Draft: Tony Santorsa (3/11)

Round Two

60. Atlanta Falcons: Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford

61. San Francisco 49ers: Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU

62. Baltimore Ravens: Arthur Brown, OLB, Kansas State

READ MORE MOCK DRAFTS

Continue to Page: 1 2 3

Tags: 2013 NFL Draft, Aaron Dobson, Desmond Trufant, Mock Draft

37 Responses to “2013 NFL Mock Draft: Tony Santorsa (3/11)”

1. Steve Leggett says:

I would have a tough time not drafting Damontre Moore or Jessie Williams both available in your mock. Love to see Willaims playing next to Wilfork.

2. J H TARBORO says:

Cordarrelle Patterson may fall past #12 with signing of Mike Wallace

Right, he well may, and that could push the rest of the WR’s down so your man Tavon Auston could possably slide to 29. But Bill signed Danny Amendola so do you still think Bill may draft Austin?

3. The first pick is great, Trufant, but why Dobson as the 2nd? Dobson was the #2 receiver at Marshall this year only had one 100 yard game, and not against the best compition. Most have him rated a 4th round pick, seems a long reach to me.

4. GP says:

Since when is Alec Ogletree an OLB? He’s an ILB

5. J H TARBORO says:

Tony Santorsa i always like your mocks, i would switch #27 and #29 around. I still believe Tavon Austin is the best fit for us at #29, if we are willing to let Welker hit the open market we should be thinking about a replacement for him. Free agency we can try to find a downfield receiver, who says we don’t have one in( Aiken, Holmes, Ebert) if they’re to let Welker, Lloyd,and Edleman walk. You hear some complaining about Tavon Austin’s height and stature but you cant take away from him being a real good football player and playmaker on the highest level. I can see that the Patriots are going in new direction, it’s clear and with 6yrs. of this offense it’s time for something new. For those who are scared of a small receiver, look around the league and ask Drew Brees what he thinks about Darren Sproles.

• As one of those who worry about Austin’s size, in spite of his talent, our draft needs to focus on the def. Sproles, per your example, is an exceptional talent but remind me, what round was he drafted in? Now if we had more then three meaningful draft picks this year I give the idea some consideration but as of now I think it would be a mistake.

• J H TARBORO says:

Steve E. Tavon Austin is faster and more explosive than Darren Sproles, and if you really watch Tavon well, he does things that other fast guys don’t do, his field vision is exceptional and when he cut hard his legs are constantly in motion. Austin’s presence alone will open our offense, this is risk worth taking if Welker is gone. I know for some it will hard to imagine the Patriots offense without Welker but also remember when we didn’t have him. 3x Superbowl champs i remember !

• We disagree, doesn’t make either of us wrong, and as I said I’m not discounting his talent only concerned we only have 3 real picks right now. Risks are for teams that have extra picks I’m thinking.

• J H TARBORO says:

Steve E. i respect your opinion !

• Ken W says:

Austin isn’t getting past Min. twice. They now have the 23th and 25th picks.

• J H TARBORO says:

Ken W That scares me personally .

• Ken I believe your right. Every mock I’ve seen since the combine has Austin being taken between #15 and #25. It’s still possable he could slide down to us at 29 but by the same logic it’s possable that Trufant, Daton Jones or Kenny Vaccaro may and I’d consider them of at least equal value being in def positions of need.

6. glen says:

I’d cry if we took Trufant over Banks.

• JV says:

I’d cry if the Pats drafted a cb instead of using $$ to sign a proven vet. Again, Bill’s track record for drafting DBs is terrible.

• His record for poor db’s is the results of trading down constantly for “valye picks” instead of getting two or three blue chip talents we get 6 or 7 make do guys that don’t. It now looks like Rhodes will be gone but Trufant and Banks are solid dbs worthy of the 1st round so don’t cry caus we can still look for that FA db too.

• JV says:

McCourty was a first round pick at CB…he is now playing safety not because of the need at safety but because he sucks at CB. Bill has drafted one good CB in the last 12 years…Samuel and that is it. FA is the way to go for DBs.

You have no clue if Trufant or Banks will be any good…we KNOW Talib is elite and Sean Smith is a young proven NFL CB.

• Telib is not elite, he’s fair to good. You only think he’s elite because of all the poor ones that have been going through the turnstile. Again because of the trade down & out pratice. Look at other teams success with db’s taken in the same ranges Bill has draft them and success rates are consistant league wide. It’s where their drafted not who drafts them.

• JV says:

Saying Talib is a “fair to good” CB tells me we havent been watching the same player. But here are the facts on this “fair Cb?

All American at Kansas
          1st RD Pick
          Talib was 1st among NFL rookies with 4 interceptions and tied for 10th overall as a rookie

In 2010 Talib had six interceptions, one which he returned for a touchdown. At the time of his injury he was tied for second in the NFL in interceptions. After the 2010 season, Aqib Talib was named Defensive Back of the Year by the NFL Alumni Association

Talib played 13 games during the 2011 season before being placed on injured reserve with a hamstring injury. In the 13 games he played he totaled 34 tackles, 11 passes defended, and 2 interceptions, both of which were returned for touchdowns.

Seems elite to me…Pats D was a different D with him on the field. My only knock is his healh

• Okay JV I’ll conceid your point, Talib is a good cb. The def did improve when he arrived, and yes there are a couple good cb’s available in FA. I hope BB signs one, but I also would be greatly dissappointed if we don’t take a cd with one of our top picks.
        I don’t worry too much about his health as far as I’m aware he has suffered no debilitating injurys just the usual twists and sprains. Because of those, as all players can be subject to, we need at least three capable cb’s. Keep in mind we could loose both Talib, Arrington and most surely Downing. We must draft a cb.

7. Hunter says:

If you think Lotulelei is getting out of the top ten then you’re high. The “heart issues” have already been debunked. I’d be surprised if he gets out of the top 5.

8. Russell Easterbrooks says:

I like Trufant ,but doubt he will be on the Board at #29. Also the chances BB trades back are I think very high.
    I’m projecting, Patriots trade #29, to Tampa for 2nd #43 ,4th#109 and 4th #123.
    Tampa very much wants a CB and DT to step into starting rolls next year. Tampa moving up 15 spots, mean they can get DT Richardson at #13, and CB Banks, CB Rhodes, etc. at #29
    The Patriots are now in a better position , picking up two 4th picks.
    With Talib, and Arrington gone, a FA signing like CB Derrick Cox, and S Woodson, makes a CB high draft choice.

#43-CB Daruis Slay, because of added return abilitiy,and speed.
    #59-DT Brandon Williams, as youth,to replace Wilfolk in the future
    #91-OT Reid Fragal , to help replace Vollomer, even if he signs
    #109-S/LB DeVante Holloman , a Cover LB, to add depth
    #123- WR Conner Vernon, smart gutty guy, more of a slot type
    7th- CB-Demetrius McCray, or CB Keith McGill
    7th- SS- Cooper Taylor, or SS-Kenny Tate

• T.B. needs a cb and dt? Don’t we? You have already written off Talib and Arrington. Why allow another team to get the better players? Filling the draft with make do’s is what has us at a disadvantage right now. We need some playmakers, we already have good depth and special package guys around don’t we?
      Will Brandon Williams make it to #59? We both thought that was problamatic the other day. Don’t get me wrong I’d love it if he did and Bill grabbed him but there are others who likely will be available there or a little further down.
      I like the idea of the OT as insurance for Vullmer, what do you think of Chris Faulk? He should be pretty well recovered from injury now?

9. munchkin says:

I too don’t see Smith to the Raiders. The Raiders need to get value out of their picks and Smith is not a value pick; not with a capable Palmer on the roster. They nee to take BPA. I don’t think they will see Smith fitting that bill.

• J H TARBORO says:

Munchkin i agree! The Raiders possibly want start Terrell Pryor.

• Smith to the Raiders doesn’t look all that good at first but if you look at how SF has benifited from taking a QB when they already had a pretty good one, well it could make sense from that perspective. I wouldn’t scratch the possability off my board just yet.

10. Crow says:

Geno Smith. Ugh. Really not a fan.

11. Kjb008 says:

I would much rather see darick Rodgers with the 2nd round pick. The kid was the most talented WR at Tennessee before getting kicked off the team, I understand the character issues but there’s alot of talent there and he could end up in a great spot with the pats cuz they need a guy to strecth the field vertically.

12. Ken W says:

2nd round pick Margus Hunt if he is still there. A lot of people have him in their top 5 DE’s. Freakish athlete and is still learning the game. Just imagine what he can do with a little help from BB and staff.

• I agree Ken, Hunt would be a good option if available at 59. His up side is said to be very high and he would not have to be thrown right into the fire, time to learn under BB, your right.

• Nick says:

Hunt is already 26 right? probably only has 4-6 good years in him.

• Ken W says:

True but Brady’s window is about 4 years so Im willing to send a second round pick and a great athlete that can help the pass rush.

• Nick says:

Yeah, but lets assume he takes 1-2 years to learn. That makes him 28 by the time he is developed. I would rather have a younger guy with slightly less upside, if he is taken with a high pick. Or younger with similar upside like damontre moore.

13. Jagsman says:

id hope the Jags would address CB before the LEO position and SS. WHY not give Andre Branch a Shot at playing it instead of throwing him away after just 1 year after being a 2nd round pick.

i would love to see rhodes and Jesse Williams so we can shore up our DT spot and get a number 1 corner with Cox likely gone.

14. AM says:

This would be one of my dream scenarios for the Patriots. If they finished it off with Akeem Spence, Dallas Thomas, or D.J. Swearinger in the third round, it would be just about perfect.