2013 NFL Mock Draft: Matthew Jones (2/27)

SECOND ROUND:

33. Jacksonville Jaguars – QB Matt Barkley, Southern California

34. Kansas City Chiefs – QB Geno Smith, West Virginia

35. Philadelphia Eagles – SS Matt Elam, Florida*

36. Detroit Lions – CB David Amerson, North Carolina St.*

37. Cincinnati Bengals (from Raiders) – LB Kevin Minter, Louisiana St.*

38. Arizona Cardinals – QB Mike Glennon, North Carolina St.

Cleveland Browns – WR Josh Gordon, Baylor (supplemental draft)

39. New York Jets – FS Eric Reid, Louisiana St.*

40. Tennessee Titans – LB Khaseem Greene, Rutgers

41. Buffalo Bills – QB Ryan Nassib, Syracuse

42. Miami Dolphins – TE Zach Ertz, Stanford*

43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – CB Johnthan Banks, Mississippi St.

44. Carolina Panthers – DT Johnathan Hankins, Ohio St.*

New Orleans Saints – pick forfeited

45. San Diego Chargers – WR DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson*

46. St. Louis Rams – OT Kyle Long, Oregon

47. Dallas Cowboys – DE Alex Okafor, Texas

48. Pittsburgh Steelers – WR Markus Wheaton, Oregon St.

49. New York Giants – OT Menelik Watson, Florida St.*

50. Chicago Bears – C Travis Frederick, Wisconsin*

51. Washington Redskins – DE Margus Hunt, Southern Methodist

52. Minnesota Vikings – WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee*

53. Cincinnati Bengals – DE Sam Montgomery, Louisiana St.*

54. Miami Dolphins (from Colts) – WR Terrance Williams, Baylor

55. Green Bay Packers – C Barrett Jones, Alabama
56. Seattle Seahawks – LB Sio Moore, Connecticut

57. Houston Texans – DT John Jenkins, Georgia

58. Denver Broncos – RB Giovani Bernard, North Carolina*

59. New England Patriots – DT Sylvester Williams, North Carolina

60. Atlanta Falcons – DE Corey Lemonier, Auburn*

61. San Francisco 49ers – SS Jonathan Cyprien, Florida International

62. Baltimore Ravens – CB Jordan Poyer, Oregon St.

Continue to Page: 1 2 3 4

Tags: 2013 NFL Mock Draft, NFL

20 Responses to “2013 NFL Mock Draft: Matthew Jones (2/27)”

1. Mike J says:

A guard for T. B. in the 3rd?? No way!!!

2. Russell Easterbrooks says:

With OG/C Barrett Jones not in this Mock , BB would take him, BUT not over Banks, BUT I feel Banks will be gone to Tenn.
    The more time that goes by and we are not signing guys, looks more like thay maybe gone. I feel Vollmer will be signed first, soon.

• Agree with Russell though I expect both Jones and Banks will be taken before 29 , at least as things stand now. After the combine there are bound to be shifts and as some stocks go up others will slip and that is unpredictable right now. As for signings those processes are undoubtededly ongoing behind the sceans. I have no clue as to any order but Vollmer is a good place to start

• acm says:

I think Jones, with the surgery he had, may fall deeper in the 1st round draft and the Pats may well get a shot a him. As for Banks, I personally would prefer Rhodes and Trufant if it came to an early CB pick, and think they both have a better chance at falling to the Pats anyway.

Resigning Vollmer would depend on whether he is looking for RT or LT money, imo. If the latter, he’s as good as gone imo. Also, hat could well determine if BB trades down that 1st pick and, if not, what he goes for there – if Vollmer is not resigned, OT may well be a lock for that 29th pick.

3. floridated says:

Don’t kid yourself. If all of Bill’s big board players are gone so is the pick. Pats will trade to a team that needs and wants the best available qb left in the draft. Pats sign are you ready for this one, Richard Seymour, and Ed Reed both on the downside of their careers and a temporary fix to their biggest problem the secondary and a pass rush. Bill has a history of players on the decline comming here as role players for a year or two. Biggest need is a safety who can keep the young secondary in check and bark out the orders….

4. Banks would be a good pick at 29, I could live with that. Russell Easterbrooks thinks Talib will be tagged if a deal can’t be done this year and I think that is possable. Having three talented cb’s can’t be a bad thing after going so long with an assortment of poor ones.

• Russell Easterbrooks says:

Tagging Talib will cost to much money I think, But it’s one way of keeping him for a year without a contract. I’m watching but the time that goes by does not look good for Talib , or Welker. IF they are signed there will be NO free agent money. I think BB sign’s S Jim Loanard .

• Yes Russell but you suggested it. It always costs money to sign these guys as well as to sign free agents. I have no idea how BB will choose to spend but I do know both Welker and Talib are quality players. But if Talib is not resigned Bill must either sign or draft a cb of equal or better ability. The Question then is can he do that at less then he needs pay Talib or draft a rookie even at 29 to meet that standard? Seems a catch 22 to me. As for Loanard, what did you hear or see that makes you note him?

• acm says:

tagging Talib is out of the question, imo, as that would cost 10+ mil and he is not a shut-down CB anyway. He is a good corner, best on last year’s team, but didn’t quite reach top-tier in his time with the Pats. Add to that the questions regarding his character and durability and spending 10+ mil on him even if just for a year becomes lunacy.
          Only way he stays with the Pats is if he can’t get a better offer on the FA market than what the pats will likely offer him – best guess would be nothing better than a 2 year deal at 5-6 mil tops, if that.

I think the Pats would try getting a CB from free agency, who hasn’t reached his top game yet but has shown big potential (Lewis from Pitt) or someone like DRC, who has the talent but has shown lack of focus/off-field issues and need to get their career back on track.
          CBs like that should come cheaper and will not be a step-down from Talib, imo.

Then draft a good CB talent, as well.

5. J.H TARBORO says:

This is a great defensive draft class this year. Let us not kid ourselves about Bill keeping the1st round pick. Patriot draft picks are 1,2,3,7,7 We know,Bill doesn’t like holes on his draft board. Looking at MIAMI’s draft page and their picks,they have picks at 1,2,2,3,3,4,5,7,7 If we trade our 1st round pick for 3,4,5 to miami. It’s a lot good player still on the board in the middle rounds.Because of free agency, draft boards will change.

• To Miami? A div opponet? Highly unlikey from both sides. Just a note, we already have lots of “good players” what we need are impact players, differance makers. You don’t usually find those in great numbers at 3,4, & 5.

• J.H TARBORO says:

Steve E. I aree with you, to some degree,but this is business and because of spending caps, this could happen. Bold prediction: this year a undrated free agent will make a impact!!!

• Anything could happen but I think that trades unlikely. Undrafted free agent impact? Do you have someone in mind?
          I hope we get three or four guys that make an impact and I could care less about where or if their drafted.

• Russell Easterbrooks says:

That undrafted player , your talking about will be DE/T Armstead!!

• Could be that’s right Russell but I was wondering if J.H. had another name to throw out for our concideration.

• acm says:

well, before J.H. were to throw in a name, he’d have to know who would be UDFA in the first place :)

6. Neither of my top picks were taken by 29 in this mock draft and I think coach Bill would be all over either Barrett Jones or John Jenkins at this pick level. I now live in Tampa area and follow both Bucs and Pats and agree with AM about Vaccaro pick for Bucs.

7. AM says:

All three of my favorite targets (Datone Jones, Trufant, Hopkins) are gone by #29 in this mock. Probably going to end up that way in reality as well. I’d definitely advocate for trading back in this scenario.

And a Vaccaro/Barron safety combination in Tampa has enormous potential, and would be especially worthwhile in a division that’s so addicted to the deep throw.

8. mjp says:

If we pass on Dion Jordan I’ll kick an old lady in the shin.

• Please no kicking. Remember Jordan is recovering from a torn labrum so before any team drafts him that want to be confident he will be healthy going forward. Having said that, boy would I like watching him come off the edge getting after the other guys qb.