2013 NFL Combine: QB, RB, WR Video Analysis

Geno Smith

Geno Smith. Best QB in the draft? (Photo: USA Today Sports Images)

NEPD Editor: Mike Loyko

The offensive skill players took to the field on Sunday, in what is known as “money” day at the NFL Combine. We saw some blazing fast times and some impressive performances in drills. Like last night I break down all the happenings from day two of on the field work outs. Who made money today? Who impressed during drills?

Which players disappointed and who may fit in with the Patriots? All these questions and more are answered in my combine review.

QB/RB/WR Combine Wrap-Up: Breaking down day four of the NFL Combine.

Tags: 2013 NFL Draft, 2013 NFL Scouting Combine, Geno Smith

6 Responses to “2013 NFL Combine: QB, RB, WR Video Analysis”

1. Jack says:

Great sum up, Mike. Really enjoy how you cover all the receivers and then put a Pat’s spin on it. Looking forward to the DB coverage.

2. bmp1113 says:

Wheaton looked good hopkins does have great hands but its too bad he was just a little slow. I think Patton however is more versatile and fits the best on the pats.

3. td says:

Maybe it’s just me, but it’s hard to get excited over any new WR on this team be it by draft, trade or free agency.

You don’t know what they have until they get on the field and can grasp the offense and earn Brady’s trust.

4. Stephen S says:

Yes thanks Mike for your insights and all your work

Here is a youtube clip from Mary Paoletti on Hopkins hands http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwB5J11rmdU

• Russell Easterbrooks says:

Cool Steve I had not seen this youtube clip. Hopkins will go in the 1st round most likely, but he and Wheaton are my picks, to end up as Patriots, with Conner Vernon as a late choice possibility.(4th round)
      Swopes was very good, as well lots of good tape on him, and a 4.34 40, is faster than he plays.

5. Russell Easterbrooks says:

Thanks Mike, great stuff, like your thought’s on Patriot needs! I like Wheaton, the best, but Hopkins has more size, and great hands. Conner Vernon is interesting as well as a later choice.