2013 NFL Mock Draft: How Senior Bowl Is Affecting Draft Board

78. St. Louis Rams: Kyle Long, OL, Oregon

Kyle Long is the brother of Rams defensive end Chris Long, and is a high-upside offensive line prospect who could challenge to start or provide depth at both guard and tackle.

79. Dallas Cowboys: Travis Frederick, C/G, Wisconsin (Jr.)

Travis Frederick is a big, powerful interior offensive lineman with good feet, and could be a potential upgrade at either center or guard, both positions of need for the Cowboys.

80. Pittsburgh Steelers: Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida

The Pittsburgh Steelers have a dearth of talent at running back, and could get a well-rounded, quick running back at a great value in Florida’s Mike Gillislee.

81. New York Giants: Nickell Robey, CB, USC (Jr.)

The New York Giants have invested considerable draft selections in cornerbacks in recent years, but are still suffering from poor play at the position. Nickell Robey is a small but physical and athletic cornerback who could help improve the Giants in pass coverage.

82. Miami Dolphins (from Chicago Bears): Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State

Markus Wheaton is a fast, physical receiver who runs crisp routes, and could add another playmaker to the Dolphins’ passing offense as a No. 2 or slot receiver.

83. Minnesota Vikings: Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkansas

Cobi Hamilton would be the Minnesota Vikings’ third Arkansas receiver draft choice in two years, but drafting another receiver makes sense for a team really lacking talent at the position.

84. Cincinnati Bengals: Johnathan Franklin, RB, UCLA

The Cincinnati Bengals could be in the market for a speed back to rotate with BenJarvus Green-Ellis, a role for which Johnathan Franklin is a good fit.

85. Washington Redskins: Bacarri Rambo, FS, Georgia

The Washington Redskins desperately need to upgrade at safety. Baccari Rambo is a physically-gifted safety who could develop into a very good safety in both coverage and against the run.

86. Indianapolis Colts: Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff

Terron Armstead is a small-school offensive line prospect with the potential to make a big rise up the board, as he possesses great feet and size and has potential to help a team like the Colts at either tackle or guard spot.

87. Seattle Seahawks: Alvin Bailey, G, Arkansas (Jr.)

Guard is a weak spot for the Seattle Seahawks, and with many offensive linemen already off the board, Alvin Bailey is a good value pick late in Round 3.

88. Green Bay Packers: Sean Porter, OLB, Texas A&M

Sean Porter is terrific value late in Round 3, and could provide much-needed depth at linebacker, where he could potentially play either outside or inside in the Packers’ 3-4 defense.

89. Houston Texans: Brandon Williams, NT, Missouri Southern State

The Houston Texans could benefit by adding a truly massive, powerful nose tackle to the middle of their defensive front, and small-schooler Brandon Williams is a talented sleeper who fits the bill.

90. Denver Broncos: Khaled Holmes, C, USC

The Denver Broncos need both talent depth on their interior line, and could get a potential starting center or depth from USC’s Khaled Holmes.

91. New England Patriots: John Simon, DE, Ohio State

Ohio State’s John Simon is a similar player to his collegiate defensive line coach, Mike Vrabel, who would be a great fit for the Patriots and should draw Bill Belichick’s attention with his outstanding motor and a likely recommendation from Vrabel and Belichick friend Urban Meyer.

92. Atlanta Falcons: Jelani Jenkins, OLB, Florida (Jr.)

Jelani Jenkins’ stock is down coming off of an injury-riddled junior season, but the Falcons could use an athletic linebacker like him who covers tight ends effectively.

93. Baltimore Ravens: Kwame Geathers, NT, Georgia (Jr.)

The Baltimore Ravens could use another true nose tackle, and Kwame Geathers is a massive-yet-quick interior lineman who fits that bill.

94. San Francisco 49ers: Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford

Having formerly coached him at Stanford, 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh would know that Chase Thomas is a steal at the end of Round 3, and a good fit to provide depth as a 3-4 outside linebacker.

READ MORE MOCK DRAFTS

Continue to Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Tags: 2013 NFL Draft, Bennie Logan, John Simon, Kenny Vaccaro, Luke Joeckel, Ryan Nassib

24 Responses to “2013 NFL Mock Draft: How Senior Bowl Is Affecting Draft Board”

1. Pam says:

I can definitely see the Bengals taking a safety 1st pick. But no way will they wait past 2nd round for a RB. Its their biggest need period! The Bengals have a lot of cap space. 51 mill They can afford to sign some of their key players on D. These Mocks crack me up. No one does their homework o any team but their favorite. And its impossible to mock before FA.

2. Dano S says:

Here is my prediction for Pats.
    1 traded for a #2 and #4.
    2 traded for a # 3 and #5.
    2 Larry Warford G Kentucky
    3 Alex Okafor DE Texas
    3 Bennie Logan DT LSU
    4 Montee Ball RB Wisconsin
    5 Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M
    7 Adrian Bushell CB Louisville
    7 Alonzo Highsmith OLB Arkansas.

3. JV says:

I would take Elam all day over Vaccaro. Vaccaro missed a ton of tackles in 2012. I like the idea of the Pats upgrading the DL as well. Kyle Love and Deadrick are backups on any other team.

Once again I think the Pats will do everything they can to trade out of the first (dont blame them) and try and pick up an additional 2nd rounder and 4th rounder.

4. ernesto says:

Vaccaro would be a nice pick but he will be gone. BB will probably want pick because the lack them in this years draft. Another pass rusher could be taken in the first to pair with chandler Jones

Agree Vacarro will go well before 29. Bill may look to inside DT before pass rush guy because lots of DT’s who can pressure up the middle and stop the runs in this draft. After top 20 most pass rushers are tweeners with questionable ability to set the edge on runs. If Bill can find one great but expect a DT.

5. EccentricFan says:

Interesting strategy for the Bills. Taking Nassib and starting him to excite fans and sell tickets while at the same time all but guaranteeing the Bills will be in a good position to draft his replacement next year.

But seriously, I can’t imagine Buddy Nix sees Nassib as the best QB in the draft, especially with talk out of Mobile that he’s been disappointing and Glennon and Wilson have both looked much better. I try to stay hopeful every year, but if Nassib is taken at 8 and with every QB on the board still available, I’m giving up on the year before it’s even started and devoting my time to building a fan movement to fire Buddy Nix instead.

Because even if he just let Marrone talk him into it, he’s still proven he’s completely incompetent.

• BillsDraft says:

Glennon has not looked ‘much better’ than Nassib. Glennon is thin, awkward, has very little mobility, has terrible footwork, locks in on one receiver, throws the ball into coverage when pressured, and is not really that accurate. The only thing, the ONLY thing, he has been doing better than the others at the Senior Bowl practices is throwing the ball deep and all the amateur ‘scouts’ there (otherwise known as blog writers who managed to get a press pass) are oohing and ahhing over that and are hyping him up. Glennon will be a bust in the NFL.

I think Wilson is slightly better than Nassib but there isn’t really a lot of difference between them and Nassib already knows the offense. I think they both will be solid, but not spectacular NFL QBs and either of them would be a good choice for the Bills at #8.

• JV says:

My buddy is a season ticket holder for the Bills and trust me Nassib will not excite their fans.

6. Hunter says:

Looks good, but from everything I’ve heard Poyer is this year’s Stephon Gilmore, and will be off the board way before 62. I agree with Russell, I’d love to see Poyer at the Pats. If both Talib and Arrington (I’m praying for this) leave then the Pats are down to 1 solid CB, with Dowling as the wildcard. I’d like to see them go out and get Tracy Porter and figure out what the long-term plan with McCourty is. I can’t see them leaving him at safety if they have Wilson, Gregory, and draft Vaccaro in the first.

• Russell Easterbrooks says:

I think Arrington is gone, but the Pats put the “tag” on Talib and see what he can do after a full year. I like Vaccaro but feel he is gone at Pats 1st pick. If the Pats trade back with a mid-round team for an early 2nd and 4th pick, 7th pick,they would have a better chance at CB Poyer, and look for another S/CB like D.J. Swearinger, at #62 , or a guy I like DaVonte Holloman S/LB in the 4th.

Right, no way Vacarro comes down to 29 but there are still several 1st rd talent there for us like Rhodes, Datone Jones, Chris Faulk. Trading down and hoping some talent will be there isn’t worth the risk although it may be just what BB will do but I hope not.

• Russell Easterbrooks says:

I agree no-way Vaccaro is on the Board at 29. IF the Pats trade QB Ryan Mallett, for a 3d and a 4th pick, Bill may not trade back IF he sees a guy he wants. I think Datone Jones moves up to top 20 first round. Not sold on Rhodes, do like CB Jordan Poyer, a VERY high IQ player, good size at 6 190, runs a 4.49 40. The 2nd round is to late for Poyer, so maybe him.
          The Pats scouted #4 of South Carolina’s games this year. Were they watching; D.J.Swearinger S/CB, or DeVonte Holloman S/LB ???? I like Holloman, 6’2″ 234 runs a 4.62 40

Datone Jones withdrew from Sr. Bowl with shoulder injury, question of surgery. Can never be sure but usually this would drop a prospect out of the 1st rd. unless he’s a big name. I think jones will go mid 2nd.

I don’t see Downing as anything except down the road certenly not a wild card. He couldn’t stay on the field in collage and it’s worse for him in the NFL. On McCourty, he’s a decent safty but a poor corner so he’s a safty or nothing. So what’s wrong with Talib? He and Dennard did a good job when they got to play. Better to draft Rhodes and have three good cb’s on hand, oh and keep Arrington as inexpensive insurance. Heck Bill could still go after Porter because you can bet someone will go on the ir list at some point and depth at a critical position is a good thing.

7. Russell Easterbrooks says:

Fairly good Mock, tho the Pats would take Dante Jones DE/T over Logan. With the signing of DE/T Armstead. If Talib leaves, (I think they put the Tag on him) I would Take , CB Jordon Poyer #2, and I like Simon at #3.
    Tho I feel very sure Bill trades back out of the first, which will change things depending on the aquirred picks.

• Jim R says:

Yep, trading down and out.

I don’t understand your take on Armstead Russell, he was undrafted last year, had to play in the CFL, as far as I see he is camp fodder. What do you see that I don’t?

• Russell Easterbrooks says:

He has a year in the CFL, and was not drafted because of medical issues. I think he will be on the roster next year. Scott, Cunningham, Forston are gone. Armstead, Pryor, DE/LB Simon (draft pick) make the team.

• Russell Easterbrooks says:

The Tape on Armstead in CFL looks solid,run stopper, Avg. Pass rusher, high motor ,works hard, keeps blocker away from his body with strong hands.Holds up Double teams fair, does not spilt them .
        Whats not to like about Simon, if you watch the tape you will see Rob Ninkoich, only stronger at the point of attack and better in the run game . Most Scouts see him as to small at 6’11/2″ for DE, which I agree, (thats why the 3d round most likely) but I think he plays just like Ninkoich. With some work needed on his coverage in drops. Also has entangables that Bill will like.

8. Jagsman says:

man the 1st 2 rounds are brutal.

Bradleys bringing the seahawks style 4-3 over to us which makes the Leo Position a Big Need and Jarvis Jones isnt good at that and isnt an improvement over allen. id go with moore or Star to upgrade that DLINE.

as for the 2nd round pick i could understand barkley but i have to think Rhodes is the Perfect corner for Bradleys scheme and given that our 2 starting cbs are fas as well as middleton as well as ross Possibley being cut makes CB a Higher need as wellas the great fit with Rhodes.

i do like that 3rd round pick in shorts. fills a need and imo would be a good steal there.

in the 4th i would go with another CB or Brandon Williams.

• biju says:

Bradley is going to run a 4-3 there for sure, but I’m not certain that he’ll bring the exact same plan over to Jacksonville. I could be wrong, but I always thought that the LEO role was more Pete Carroll and also a scheme fit to take advantage of Red Bryant and his agility as a huge man.

I would think with the Jags personnel he would run a more traditional 4-3 over, but then again I’m not as in-tune with your roster. And maybe I missed him already discussing how he’s going to run it. I just think this was scheming due to situation instead of situating to fit scheme.

Good luck next year–we’re bummed Bradley is gone but I think he’s going to be a great head coach. If not, feel free to send him back…

9. Phil says:

Why is no one talking about Sio Moore? A coverage linebacker that can really play. I would take him over Simon.