Could the Patriots Be the Mystery Team For RGIII?

Robert Griffin NFL Draft

Can you picture Griffin in a Patriots uniform?

NEPD Editor: Doug Kyed

Could the Patriots be the “mystery team” looking to trade up for Robert Griffin III? We take a hard look at how it would work after the jump.

Tags: 2012 NFL Draft, Robert Griffin

14 Responses to “Could the Patriots Be the Mystery Team For RGIII?”

1. Lundahl says:

We got Ryan Mallett. I’d rather have Mallet than RGIII, no question.

2. G says:

dude….get a life with this nonsense!

3. Jeff says:

No chance the Pats have even remote insterest in RGIII…but the #2 pick…that would be intriguing. I Love BB…and if there’s one thing Bill is…it’s a control freak, and having the #2 pick would control this draft. Take this picture:
    #2 in exchange for #27, #31, #49, #63
    #2 traded to CLE for #4 and #22 and a 2013 5th
    #4 and Brian Hoyer for #6 and 2013 2nd
    After that it could go a lot of different ways with the Cowboys and Eagles both being teams with trade relationships with the Pats but something tells me maybe Seattle would jump for some added talent so…
    #6 for #12 + #44
    #12 used for Fletcher Cox or Dontari Poe (yes I do think they will be rated this high)

Then for #22:
    #22 for #28 + #92 with the Packers who are known to jump to take their guy…in this case Konz
    #28 traded to CHI for CHI 2013 1st + #51 (who needs help on both sides and they jump for Kendall Wright as the faller in the draft)

Tell me that doesn’t sound like BB’s style to get up to the #12 pick, grab his guy, get a 1st next year, get back the two 2nds and an extra 3rd rounder meanwhile setting himself up next year with an extra 1st, 2nd and 5th rounder.

• Liam Shaw says:

Would be an ideal draft…but there is no way that they would get the #2 pick for 27,31,49,and 63

• DWE 2012 says:

Jeff…….This is the NFL DRAFT, “NOT” the Monopoly game board at home with 3 or 4 relatives and one trying to pry Park Place away from their cousin.

Calm down and switcht to the decaffinated.

4. Dan says:

Personally, I hope some teams in our division takes a shot at him and gives away the farm. Anyone who wants a running quarterback can have him.

Running quarterbacks = injured quarterbacks…a simple equation

Manning and Brady hardly ever leave the pocket, and when they do they try not to even take a hit.

As great as some of these running QB’s can be they all get hurt, and when it happens their teams (hundreds of millions of dollars, fans, stadiums etc…) are done!

This guy is too fragile…give me a pocket passer any day. I would be going after Matt Flynn if I were Miami or another team in need. I would NEVER give away multiple 1st round picks +++ for this kid…no way.

• AM says:

Not really sure that it’s fair to characterize him as a running quarterback. While he is admittedly a little raw (though more polished than virtually any other quarterback that’s come out in recent years), he really does appear to be a pass-first guy with outstanding pocket awareness and presence. The running aspect is secondary.

5. Dan says:

I read an article today on this…I forget where, but it was stating that it could be the Pats, but only to figure the price of moving around…to max out their knowledge of who wants to do what and what it will cost.

Good business…more Max/Min stuff by BB, if it’s true

6. NEPD says:

Hilarious Doug – but in all seriousness, who do we want RG3 to go to? I’d rather it not be the Bills…

7. Eric says:

I heard the rumor about the Patriots trading up and thought that maybe, just mmmmayyybbbeee Belichick would do it for Claiborne. Then I remembered that he’s Bill Belichick.

• kenneth wortham says:

owner to cheap rich but dont want to improve defense and wr rb thats wat they need if they dont brady career is over he got two or three yrs left max hands lol hes good but sum people tyme cum and go