Tommie Harris Visiting Patriots

As reported by Ian Rappaport, the Patriots have flown in for Bears defensive tackle Tommie Harris for a visit.

After taking the NFL by storm in his first two seasons, Harris has been hampered by a knee injury suffered in 2007. At this point in his career, Harris could still be a decent 3rd-down option at defensive tackle for the Patriots – spelling Vince Wilfork.

Tags: ,

14 Responses to “Tommie Harris Visiting Patriots”

1. Ratzalot says:

“At this point in his career, Harris could still be a decent 3rd-down option at defensive tackle for the Patriots – spelling Vince Wilfork.”

Tommie Harris is much too small to play 3-4 NT. Tommie Harris would have to be a 3-4 DE like Haynesworth will be. Harris makes a lot of sense in 4-front packages though.

• NEPD says:

Thats why I said DT not NT. Harris would be a horrible nose tackle.

• TD says:

Harris has as much trouble getting and staying on the field as Brace, however it looks like BB is looking at everyone for future reference.

It makes sense to start thinking of a 4-3 now that more teams are going to a 3-4 and there are less “fits” available at OLB and DE in BB’s defense.

2. James says:

we should try to get Moss to sign that 1 year contract. Then we will have the best WR in the NFL.

Anyone have any thoughts on what it would take to get Osi here?

• JMC says:

Giants say they want a 1st- I guess the Pats ‘could’ consider one of the second round picks in 2012 but is it really worth it?

• Ratzalot says:

Unless the Patriots are switching to a 4-3, Osi would have no place in the New England defense. Osi is not 3-4 rush linebacker material.

• raphael says:

well then ” Something’s Afoot” cause i just read a article that said the 3 teams showed interest in Osi: the Ravens, SeaChickens, and the Patriots.
        I mean if the pats want Osi then it has to mean they will switch to the 4-3.
        Tommie Harris is a true DT not a NT so there is evidence that BB is bringing in a lot of 4-3 guys. weird.

• TD says:

The Pat’s seem to always be mentioned when some malcontent or DL is being shopped around these days.

Osi’s salary would not be a fit in Pat’s team as he would be one dimensional and is on the smaller side for a DL whether or not we are in a 3-4 or 4-3.

4. Liam says:

I’d rather take my chances on Ty if the salaries and injury concerns equalled out.

• Dan says:

I’ll stick with the coaches call on this one…I feel he’s a little closer to the situation regarding the players involved, system, salary cap etc… No offense meant…it was a tough call, but he edged you out in winning my confidence.

5. Dan says:

Harris was an amazing talent…can’t hurt to see what he can do. I’m looking forward to see if this guy has anything left in the tank. He was one of the quickest defensive lineman I’ve ever seen…explosive.

*/ ?>