Patriots Trade 28th Pick

After picking Nate Solder with the 17th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Patriots have traded the 28th pick to the New Orleans Saints.

In return the Patriots receive the 56th pick in 2011 and the Saints 1st Round pick in 2012. The Patriots now have three picks in the 2nd round: 33, 56, and 60.

Here is the updated list of 2012 Patriots Draft Picks.

Tags: Draft Picks, Trade

13 Responses to “Patriots Trade 28th Pick”

1. JimC says:

The Patriots trade #33 to Oakland for Oakland’s #1 in 2012 and this years second round #45.

2. Liam says:

Dammit, now I have to start sticking pins in my Drew Bees Voodoo doll. And I quite liked the Saints ;-)

3. j says:

If D’Quan Bowers has knee issues, how do you expect him to line up in a 3-4 as an OLB and have to cover? Are you guys stupid, or am I dreaming? Is this real life?

4. Ryan Buske says:

I think your going to have to think about Bowers at some point in the next round? I also think your Ellis, Bailey, Reed, Sheard, T. Smith, Ayers all possible thoughts in the next round. I just hope that Patriots plan well enough where they dont have the trade up in the round and waste a pick like they did last year.

5. cash says:

at least Reggie Bush might be a FA now, i think BB would love his versatility. for the right price of course

6. Ruelasxx3 says:

Patriots need to pick up Da’quan Bowers with that 1 pick in the 2 round
    And not trade it to anyone like they did with Mark Ingram!!

7. buachs says:

Like it alot…we can get Bowers here, 2 guards and a center. The OL would be set for years and we can afford to gamble on a guy who if he pans out could have been picked no1!!!

8. lenny says:

trade 33rd pick for an early to mid 2nd and a first for next year (3 1st rounders in 2012!!!) after the rookie wage scale is implemented

9. TD says:

Stupid NFL network, all they said was NO traded for #28 and all we got was NO’s #1 next year.

10. john m. says:

I like the deal. They should still get a good player at #56 this year and another first rounder for next year. Look for the pats to trade down on their 33rd pick also. Evidentally they didn’t think too much of Mark Ingram.

11. j says:

Unbelievable trade value, especially when we have #33 still there!

• Jeff V says:

Wished they would have traded the 17th pick instead…Mark Ingram will be a pro bowl RB by year 2…mark it down.