NFL Power Rankings: Week 8

NFL Power Rankings Week 8

Although Big Ben didn't escape this play, did his team escape with the #1 spot in our NFL Power Rankings?

There definitely seems to be a dropoff in consistency following the top three teams in our NFL Power Rankings for Week 8. Each of the rest of the teams in the Top 10 have definitely put up some bad games.

Baltimore was the latest example, laying an egg against Buffalo. They escaped with a victory, but their defense was exposed at times.

1. Pittsburgh Steelers
2. New York Jets
3. New England Patriots
4. Baltimore Ravens
5. Indianapolis Colts
6. Atlanta Falcons
7. Tennessee Titans
8. New York Giants
9. Kansas City Chiefs
10. Washington Redskins

(Insert your own comment about parity here.)

11. Philadelphia Eagles
12. New Orleans Saints
13. Miami Dolphins
14. Green Bay Packers
15. Houston Texans
16. Seattle Seahawks
17. San Diego Chargers
18. Jacksonville Jaguars
19. Chicago Bears
20. Tampa Bay Bucs
21. Oakland Raiders
22. St. Louis Rams

Still searching for your NFL team in the Week 8 NFL Power Rankings? Save yourself some time and check out our 2011 NFL Mock Draft.

23. Minnesota Vikings
24. Detroit Lions
25. Cincinnati Bengals
26. Arizona Cardinals
27. Denver Broncos
28. Dallas Cowboys
29. Cleveland Browns
30. Carolina Panthers
31. San Francisco 49ers
32. Buffalo Bills

Tags: Power Rankings

6 Responses to “NFL Power Rankings: Week 8”

1. pault says:

all these experts….well…Bill Parcells said it best, and none of you can argue….”you are what your record says you are”. think about that for a minute, and maybe you’ll get it.

2. winstonfg says:

While I agree with you about inconsistency, I’d have to disagree with your rating of New England at number 3. If Baltimore laid an egg against Buffalo, then so did New England against a team (my Chargers) who shot themselves in the foot not once, but at least 5 times (the last on the final offensive down of the game), and have hardly looked like world-beaters on what has, so far, been a pretty easy schedule. At least Baltimore can point to their victory over the Steelers with some satisfaction.
    I think I’d put your 6, 7 and 8 at 4, 3 and 5 and, though I hate to say it, the Chargers are way too high at 17. Until they can halt the ridiculous errors and get some production out of special teams (in terms of field position if nothing else), they definitely belong in the bottom third.
    Another year’s wait for a Superbowl. Ah well, such is life as a Chargers fan.

• Ryan says:

I agree. I’m a Patriots fan, but I’m not easily amused. The Chargers were playing with out Starting Defenders and Starting WRs inc NUM 1 and NUM 2. As well as an injured Gates. Therefore, I believe that Patriots have a good spot at number 6. Why might you ask? We cannot stop the passing attack, and got lucky with the Ravens and Chargers. Nextly, EVERY team in the league can stop a team on Third Downs BUT ours.

• winstonfg says:

Cry me a river man :-) . You think you’ve got problems? How does a team with the number 1 offense (by quite a bit) and the number 4 defense end up 2 and 5?????? Answer: by being stupid. 15 fumbles in 6 games (12 lost) and -7 in turnovers. Oh, and those 3 touchdowns allowed by special teams don’t help….

• winstonfg says:

Correction: make that the number 1 defense in the league (by an even bigger margin than the offense); they’re #4 against the run.
        2 and 5….man, I must be smoking some bad weed here…..

3. Billy Bidinko says:

Steelers are not the same team without A Smith who is probably GONE forever after this latest. Take the Saints Sunday…
    but keep a bottle of Bourbon close by just in case. If Steelers have a 10 point lead in the 3rd quarter their record going the last 23 years is 94-5.