2010 Patriots Roster Prediction 4.0

After a second solid preseason performance, a 28-10 win against the Falcons, the Patriots roster is starting to shape up.  Here is our fourth projection of what the first 53-man Patriots roster will look like.

(Changes in bold)

QB: Brady, Hoyer (2)

RB: Maroney, Faulk, Taylor, Morris, Green-Ellis (5)

WR: Moss, Welker, Edelman, Tate, Price (5)

TE: Crumpler, Gronkowski, Hernandez (3)

OL: Light, Koppen, Neal, Vollmer, Connolly, Ohrnberger, Levoir, Wendell, Bussey (9)

DL: Wilfork, Pryor, Wright, G. Warren, Deaderick, Lewis, Brace (7)

LB: Banta-Cain, Mayo, Spikes, Guyton, Cunningham, Ninkovich, McKenzie, Burgess, Murrell (9)

DB: Bodden, McCourty, Butler, Wheatley, Wilhite, Arrington, Meriweather, Chung, Sanders, McGowan (10)

ST: Gostkowski, Mesko, Ingram, (3)

Last Guys In: Wheatley, Levoir
Last Guys Out:  Weston, Welch, FletcherAiken, T. Williams
Reserve/IR: Mankins, Holt, Ty Warren, Kaczur
Practice Squad Possibilities: Larsen, Welch, Fletcher, Farnham, Clayton, Myers, Brown

Tags: Predictions

13 Responses to “2010 Patriots Roster Prediction 4.0”

I understand our defensive pressure is not going to be anything near what it has been in the past, so I’m not even going to be negative on that. The O-Line does not look good at all, atleast in my opinion. I think the Patriots should be looking for a trade for some O-Line help. Maybe its just me?

• JMC says:

Ryan: I don’t think it’s just you. I be surprised at a trade but I expect a pick up or two by the wavier wire.

• Ryan says:

While it would be easy just to throw Mankins some money. At this point I dont think he deserves it. For whom ever we decide to pick up, I hope BB is thinking long term intead of a patch. I’ll be upset if we waste a 1st round pick next year on a OL player.

2. JMC says:

I think they have got to keep Green-E as he is the best blocker of the backs, and the only grind-it-out style back on the team. To me, Wilhite, Ohrnberger could get cut for waver wire, Aiken and/or T Williams (rather have quality than positions at that depth)-

3. AP says:

I like this one, things are getting closer. Aiken might find his way on…

Also, what about include practice squad possibilities?

I hope that Fletcher or T. Williams find away onto the roster.

• NEPD says:

My feelings on Fletcher are well known (love him), but any injuries to an UDFA are not good for their chances of making the team.

5. Sean says:

I think Wheatley and/or Sanders get traded after the 3rd preseason game. Arrington is looking better in coverage and could be the 5th CB. Sanders makes way too much money for a Backup.

I think they try and find a way to keep Aiken for ST and maybe Sergio Brown to develop.

• NEPD says:

If they can get a conditional pick for Wheatley, I think they’ll take it. Agree that Arrington is a keeper for ST value.

• JimC says:

Wheatley and Sanders get traded right before the start of the season? What are you guys smokin? if they were not performing in camp that would be one thing but both have.

• Sean says:

JimC,

It’s a numbers game. There’s no way they keep 10 DB’s on the 53 when they have so many problems on the OL and DE/OLB spots. Sanders is the highest paid Safety on the team at $2.3 mil (11th overall on team) this year. But he’s not even a starter. Chung has locked up the spot opposite Meriweather and McGowan, who took Sanders starting spot last year, is 3rd on the Depth Chart and the first guy in in Nickel packages. You don’t pay a guy that much as injury insurance. Especially when their are teams out there in need of DB help (Eagles, Ravens, etc).