Terrell Owens Wants to Play in New England?

Terrell Owens still thinks he has some good football in him, and he wants to play that football for a contender.  Owens, who has previously suited up for the 49ers, Eagles, Cowboys, and Bills told WJMN radio that he would “definitely be open” to playing for the Patriots.

According to PFT, Owens even has a sliding scale of what payment he would expect.  The more of a contender that he signs with, the less he would seek in return for competing for his ring.  “I’m like LeBron,” he said. “I can go there and take less of a role, take less money and put everything aside and make it work.”

While any team is probably shuddering at another PR nightmare like “The Decision”, the option of adding a threat like Owens is an intriguing one.  He only caught 55 balls in Buffalo last year, and was pretty much a model citizen. If he is content to be the 3rd option and brings his well documented work-ethic rather than his well documented mouth, he just might fit in with the Patriots.

Adam Schefter and Tedy Bruschi both think that is a bunch of junk, but perhaps a one-year contract is in the making? This guy might make him some money in the future.

Tags: Rumors

13 Responses to “Terrell Owens Wants to Play in New England?”

1. Patrick says:

At this point i think the Pariots NEED TO more then anyone thinks.I jate to say it but the power shift in the AFC east as swung in Favor of the jets.The Patriots have not made any upgrades on offence or defence.Revis has shown he can take moss out of a game. I know they wanna develop the young guys but and they will still be able to and Moss will be gone next year so tey will have their chance to step . THIS MAY SOUND CRAZY BUT SIGNING OWENS CAN INSTANLY MAKE THEM A SUPER BOWL CONTENDER, HE CAN STILL DO BIG THINGS ON THE FIELD.IT WOULD GIVE THEM A PASSING ATTACK THAT IS GUNNA BE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO DEFEND, ITS GUNNA HELP MAKE MARONEY AND THE RUSHING GAME BETTER ,NOT TO MENTION HE WOULD PROBABLY SIGN FOR 1 YEAR 2 MILLION.WHEN YOU WAY IT OUT IT JUST ALMOST SEEMS LIKE A NO BRAINER.BUT UNFORTENLY I HOPE I’M WRONG BUT BELLICHECK PROBABLY WONT DO IT.

2. John says:

If you can get TO cheaply , then grab him. If not, he’s not worth the headache. He’s a cancer wherever he plays. He’s not a team player because he’s more concerned about himself than the team. I know that BB would dump TO after his first outburst so the risk-reward is great if you get him for the right price.

3. Jared says:

I said it on this site in April, and got ripped…SIGN HIM!!! You think Brady will care if TO starts bitchn about not getting the ball? NO. Low risk, high reward in my opinion. He wants to play bad, and last year in Buffalo must have been brutal for him. If I was a coach, i could see not wanting him…But as a fan, the thought of Tom Brady…Having two of the best wideouts of all-time to throw to…with Welker and Edelman in the slot…if that doesn’t get you excited….you should check your pulse.

JNIMZ

I would take TO under a few conditions:
    1. He isn’t allowed to talk to media.
    2. He is very cheap.
    3. First sign of him acting like TO he is released.

Why? Well Randy Moss sure settled down here, and it would be nice to have Welker TO Moss Holt Price Tate Edelman for an attack. Not to mention, Gronk Crumpler and Hernandez.

• NEPD says:

Those would be great stipulations… the offense would be pretty amazing – if it wouldn’t be already.

• Ryan says:

Exactly, I’m not sure if Holt will even make the cut this year. I dont think Crumpler will be there next year either, unless he has an amazing season. TO would have to be on xanex for him to play in NE.

• NEPD says:

Crumpler is probably a one and done to try and get a ring. Holt and Aiken will be battling for that last spot… Holt is going to have blow him away in the passing game due to Aiken’s ST prowess.

5. i honestly think that terrell owens should stay with buffalo i dont know if the rumor is true, but i think new england is a good team and need to fall back…

6. Eric Foster says:

It would pain me to see Tom Brady put into Donovan McNabb’s shoes in regards to dealing with T.O.

7. Patriots Draft Guru says:

Thanks, but no thanks. I really am not a fan of the popcorn.