Dez Bryant Visits Patriots

Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant was a guest in Foxboro this week, ending speculation over whether the Patriots were interested in drafting the highly-touted, yet much-maligned, prospect.

Bryant’s talent on the football field has never been in question, but his odd association with Deion Sanders prompted the NCAA to suspend him for the majority of the 2009 season. Compounding that, there are reports of Bryant being, at best aloof, and at worse uncaring about his offseason workouts. Depending on who you believe, Bryant may have forgot to bring his cleats to his own Pro Day.

With great risk comes great reward. After winning big with Randy Moss, can the Patriots hit on 20 and come up with the ace needed to bring the offense back to the 2007 gold standard? Only Bill knows, and he isn’t telling anyone.

Tags: Official Visit

8 Responses to “Dez Bryant Visits Patriots”

1. Anonymous says:

If the Pats want Bryant, which I think they do. They need to move below #18. The steelers are hot for Bryant.Make a trade with the Seahawks at #14. Welker isn’t coming back til late in November and I doubt he will be back at full speed. Not intil he tests that injury.And Moss may shows signs of getting another year older and uncertain about his future.

2. Anonymous says:

I dunno, these WR’s scare me. Charles Rogers was SICK in college… bust. Peter Warrick… Bust… the list goes on and on…

I know we need WR help… but I want to load up on Defense… DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

-AP

3. joe says:

Stop saying to draft tebow, do you guys even watch football but i do agree with getting branden marshell it’s just gonna cost alot of money if you get dez at 22 it will cost half the money and he will be under contract for 6 years. hook brady up

4. Anonymous says:

who wants a guy who forgets his cleats on the most important day of his career so far (pro day), might forget about practice or even miss a game, who knows, draft Tebow to learn behind Brady

5. Jeff says:

If they are willing to take him why not just offer Brandon Marshal a contract and give denver their 1st rd pick. Marshal is crazy..but is a top 5 wr…who knows what you getting with Bryant.

6. Anonymous says:

move up in the draft do what you gotta do and get dez bryant. just don’t trade back in the draft. hook brady up

7. Anonymous says:

But, I love this guy!!! He’s aloof, or whatever, but he’s extremely skilled…a freakish athlete, and I believe receivers just tend to be this way, he’ll have to be coached up and taught to grow up, but the NFL is about passing and with Brady he could be a thing of beauty. That being said…I doubt they take him, but I would roll the dice.

8. Anonymous says:

I still say that first pick at #22 will be all about someone who slips in the draft…a faller. They take them if he’s on their wish list, or they’ll be in prime position to trade back a few and gain a 3rd rounder, or whatever. It may be Bryant, Thomas, Clausen, and a team with big needs and few picks will need to make an impact and get their guy, the same goes for all 2nd round picks also…they’ll be several moves, all in our favor, as usual. Their in a position of strenght because of all the picks and depth, especially at positions they need.