2010 NFL Draft: With the 90th Pick…

With the 90th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Patriots have selected Taylor Price, WR from Ohio University.

Price had an impressive off-season, working out well at the 2010 Senior Bowl. He ran a 4.41 forty, showcasing his vertical speed and ability to separate from DB’s. You can also see his great blocking skills in the video below. Thanks to Universal Draft for the video.

Price joins Devin McCourty, Rob Gronkowski, Jermaine Cunningham, and Brandon Spikes as the newest Patriots.

Tags: Draft Picks, Taylor Price

16 Responses to “2010 NFL Draft: With the 90th Pick…”

1. Anonymous says:

I think the patriots should have got Des Bryant when they had a chance instead of trading the pick to Dallas.

2. n_emmett says:

Wrong, if you correct someone make sure you’re right. It’s The Ohio State University.

3. Anonymous says:

Please, it’s not the University of Ohio. It’s Ohio University or Ohio, THE State University.

4. Jared says:

Gotta love the cherry on top with basically getting a pick between 33 -43 next yr for 89th?!?! I love it, then Carolina drafts Armanti Edwards-running QB/WR project/bum from division 2. I love it, other teams are so dumb.
    As for in 7 hrs and 13 min from wen im writin this. Quickly… NO RB-got enough mediocure backs & dont want another 1. Wouldnt hate to still see another TE or corner….i kno, corner-wilhit & wheatley suck. I just like Pitta and Hernandez, especially Hernandez.( better athlete, more dynamic pass catcher and runner. And in the six or seventh…Byham from Pitt, big-time blocker. Maybe another WR altho i dont think so. My predictions: all lineman, both sides of the ball. Lane, A.Jones, C. Thomas. I would hate Griffen. I want Lane now, best athlete there. But what is the word on Ricky Sapp???? Wtf. I must be crazy but at this point-I still wapuld love to see the pats take him. On offense, most of the wr’s gone…Gilyard maybe. They need a guard. And you know they will draft at least one QB or sign one after the draft. I like hoyer but when you’ve drafted and molded Brady n Cassel… keep doin it.

JNIMS

5. Jared says:

I love what they did today. And it made what we did yesterday, suck a little less. The Spikes pik was my favorite, I think he starts next to Mayo week 1. Slight gamble with Gronkowski, but the kid looks like Jason Witten. i wanted Golden Tate or McCluster but this Price kid looks like he could be a keeper. The most two most questionable picks tie in to one another i think. Jermaine Cunningham could be a three down LB, but hes not going to be our passrush savior. The place to get that passrusher was in the first rnd, somewhere and somehow. Drafting McCourty, and listening to Bill yesterday after the pick…leads me to believe that a deal for some-sort of passrusher could be in the mix. When…who knows, somewhere between now and August. You have to think that Adalius will be let go or traded for a ball pump somewhere in the same timeframe. If Bill and their leaders like Tom and Vince want guys that will got to war with them…you have to eliminate the bad seeds. Too much young talent on this team to be looking up to losers like Adalius Thomas, bad influence. We officially have some young studs on defense, and Dean Peas is gone just in time. I like where are defense is headed….i still dont necassarily agree with the McCourty pick, i will if they grab someone else tomoro or make a deal to help the passrush. To me, you just officially admitted you failed with the Wilhite and Wheatley. Too many high picks at DB, specially since they still arent loaded talent-wise back there. But im done bitchin about it….it was a good day

JNIMS

6. Jared says:

Honestly… ya boy

Jared_
    How you feeling about the draft? Who you thinking you want tomorrow?

8. Jared says:

I like Price or A.Roberts from Citadel. Decker was rated higher but not as quick and has injury problems. I like the little wideouts in the Pats system. Bigger, slower wideouts have a hard time getting open. Heard nothing but great things about Price.

9. Jared Nims says:

6’1″-204lbs. Ran a 4.40 40 yd dash. One of only two Mid-American Conference players to receive Fred Biletnikoff Award consideration (given to the nation’s top receiver).

10. Anonymous says:

i know nothing about this guy from ohio hope hes good though does anyone have any idea as to how tall he might be ? i sure would prefer the other WR decker from minnesota ,but denver took care of that !!!!!

11. Anonymous says:

Could the Pats finally have *drafted* a receiver who could develop into something special? A quote from SI.com related to his performance at the Senior Bowl practices: “He’s a speedster (sub 4.4 in the 40) and plays to that time. Price quickly released off the line, ran good routes and constantly got separation from opponents. He’s also caught everything thrown his way”.

12. Anonymous says:

please don’t confuse Ohio University with the horrible school Ben Roethlisberger played at. Taylor went to OU. he is a Bobcat. not a Redhawk. and there is only one school with THE in it’s name … THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY!

13. Anonymous says:

Taylor Price is not from Miami Ohio….Just Ohio

14. Anonymous says:

Damian Williams has soft hands and excellent route-runner.. Oh well..

15. Anonymous says:

Taylor Price isn’t very well known coming out of Miami Ohio, but the kid is a hard worker who fit in great in New England. He runs great routes, doesn’t drop balls, and is smart enough to handle the Pats complex offensive system. Although a receiver like Brandon Lafell or Damian Williams would have offered more height and explosiveness, Taylor will prove to be a great asset while Wes Welker is recovering. Having Tory Holt around to mentor him won’t hurt either. I saw this pick coming a mile away.

16. Anonymous says:

I wish they would have taken Mardy Gilyard instead. Very dissapointed they didnt pick him.