2010 NFL Draft: With the 53rd Pick…

With the 53rd pick in the NFL Draft, the New England Patriots have selected Florida DL Jermaine Cunningham. The former Gator figures to become an OLB conversion in the Patriots 3-4 defense.

The prototypical sized (6-3/252) Cunningham is a quick guy that ran a 4.59 in the 40-yard dash. This is the pass-rush that the Patriots have been looking for.

Cunningham joins Devin McCourty and Rob Gronkowski as 2010 Patriots Draft Picks.

Tags: Draft Picks, Jermaine Cunningham

8 Responses to “2010 NFL Draft: With the 53rd Pick…”

1. Anonymous says:

I’m sure there’s more tape on the guy but what stands out is that he looks like he has very strong hands hands – a vulcan type grip when he gets to a ball carrier.

At the end of the day it’s clear – BB knows what he’s doing.

2. Anonymous says:

Between him and Matt Light are going to get Tom killed. Hope somebody else can step up and not leave it to these two washed up players.

3. Anonymous says:

i hope we pick up somebody for the offensive line that guy nick kaczur i hope i spelled his name right he scares me guys have just blown by him as if he was not even there hope the pats find somebody for bradys right side since i do believe were pretty much all set at LT with light and vollmer!!!

4. Anonymous says:

does anyone know anything about this WR from ohio,i never heard of him ,i do like the 2 guys the pats picked from florida though ,even though i would prefer sapp but then again i could be wrong they might know something we dont !!!

5. Anonymous says:

Honestly i Like this pick better than Kindle..Kindle has ADD and necilepsy and drove his car into a house. Thats never good

6. Anonymous says:

Are all the cry babies happy now? I know I am, and it’s because we just took his mate, Spikes. I like this pick…extremely athletic. It’s amazing what happens when you actually wait for the draft to unfold to complain.

Tom Curren is now officially a full blown fool in my book…no clout at all. Complaining because we take a highly skilled CB when there wasn’t a valid pass rusher available that fit our system (which won 3 Super Bowls)…and there was 1 pick of 13 made to that point.

Shows me what a fool really is…

7. Anonymous says:

I don’t know about this guy. Hope he pans out. People are talking about Kindle, Hughes and others, but what that heck is going on with Ricky Sapp. Is it medical issues?

8. Patriots Draft Guru says:

Finally! We love the OLB pick.