2010 NFL Draft: With the 42nd Pick…

With the 42nd Pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the New England Patriots have selected Arizona TE Rob Gronkowski. The Patriots jumped ahead two spots in a trade with the Oakland Raiders. The Patriots gave the Raiders the 190th pick to move up.

The Ariona TE has had some major medical issues, but nobody can question his amazing skill set. Gronkowksi had this to say about the injury speculation. “My back is 100 percent and I don’t want to talk about it anymore.”

He blocks well and runs crisp routes. The Patriots only have one tight end on the roster that has played NFL football, the recently acquired Alge Crumpler.

Gronkowski joins Devin McCourty as 2010 Draft Picks for the Patriots.

Tags: Draft Picks, Rob Gronkowski

10 Responses to “2010 NFL Draft: With the 42nd Pick…”

1. jimkilc says:

I am very pleased with this pick. The Pats have not even looked towards their tight ends in a good majority of their games lately, they only seemed to be relyed upon for blocking purposes. I feel that this weapon could be almost as good as Payton Manning to Dallas Clark. I hope they involve their tight ends in more of their offensive schemes.

2. Anonymous says:

Gronkowski is a utcase. He went crazy at the draft.

3. Mike C says:

Wow! Having watched him play here in Tucson I can’t be more pleased for the Pat’s. With a mediocre QB he was astounding. With someone like Brady he could be all pro! When you add him to the arsenal of receivers at N.E. it just adds to the expectations for next Sept.

4. Anonymous says:

this guy only was only “injury prone” because he plays like a nutcase. Looks like a young Todd Heap to me.

5. Anonymous says:

Finally, a quality pick. Monster runner after the catch. great blocking and crisp route runner. Injuries are an issue, but then again he’s not going to be catching more than 5 or 6 balls per game.

6. Anonymous says:

Kindle???? Kindle was there and we didn’t take him??? really? Why? Pitta, Dickson were available later, but who even comes close to Kindle? Sean Lee? taken by the Eagles, b/c we had to trade down again! Deryl Washington? Also taken, also b/c we traded down! Wow, the Pats are going to have huge holes at LB…

7. Anonymous says:

lousy past record for picking TE’S. They should pick up defense players. As a whole they dont pick well in drafts.

8. Anonymous says:

Yes, he is, but is he healthy? I would’ve liked Jimmy Graham better, he’s got more potential and less injury baggage.

9. Anonymous says:

Gronkowski is the best TE in the draft. Yes!

10. Anonymous says:

I’m sorry, but does anyone know what the Pats gave to Oakland for the pick?