2010 NFL Draft: With the 113th Pick…

The Patriots have selected Florida TE Aaron Hernandez with the 113th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft. The extremely talented receiving tight end is the 3rd Florida Gator to join the Patriots.

Hernandez (6-2/250) is incredibly athletic, running a sub 4.6 forty yard dash. He has a knack for getting open and making big plays. His main weakness is his below average blocking skills. The Patriots have now stocked their once bare TE cupboard with Hernandez, Crumpler, and Gronkowski.

Hernandez joins Devin McCourty, Rob Gronkowski, Jermaine Cunningham, Brandon Spikes, and Taylor Price as the newest Patriots.

Tags: Aaron Hernandez, Draft Picks

33 Responses to “2010 NFL Draft: With the 113th Pick…”

1. Anonymous says:

WE now have a stud at tight end

2. Anonymous says:

Jarod,I’m talking about Bills drafts since he has been Patriots Head coach and his picks of Tight Ends

3. Jared says:

Watsup Ryan.
    I agree with you. You cant compare drafts. After a couple of days i like the McCourty pick. Im even partly convinced he was the best player on the board for us.
    But my problem with the CB selection on this team has roots man, this isnt a one year issue. It started when they de-valued Asante, cheaped out, and watched him walk. Since then, the need and failure to bring in or draft a corner has set the rebuilding of our defense back. “Value” picks in the 2nd-3rd and 4th round, and cheap free-agents have killed us. Keep Ellis Hobbs if your gonna spend 2nd rnd picks on midgets.Theres always good reason to draft a corner, and theres always more corners drafted then any other position. The fact that, bruschi, vrabel, junior, even rosie colvin were getting old wasn’t a problem that came out of the blue. Three years ago, they needed OLB’s. Now its gonna be the 2010-11 season. Whos the pair of OLB’s of the future? Cunningham? You cant have enough DB’s in our division anymore, I know. But the same record every year.
    Wilhite was a 5th, Wheatley was a 2nd, cant compare drafts but… We’ve all watched Wheatley play, he isnt a second rnd pick in ANY draft. 5’8 n a half inches tall..n not that quick. In the 2nd rnd????? Dont remember what LB’s they passed up but gaurentee theres at least one good one they passed up on.One of Bills works picks ever. With every “well justified” DB pick. Theres a Clay Mathews you didn’t take. Three years in a row…” they must of not liked any”. Maybe true for this year, I’l give you that. But not in the last 3. With all his picks and all his brilliance. Shawn Crable shouldnt have been our only pick at OLB the last three yrs. I wont even blame Bill for not seein what RayRay and the Ravens did with Adalius. But it just seems like they’re too damm picky with those OLB’s. Last yr was the yr. Orakpo, Cushing or Mathews, and you know theres a couple more!!!!

JNIMS

4. Jared says:

To the last guy. We only took two tight-ends total. We only had crumpler n he looks ike a backup left guard. And both were 2nd round grades in a deep draft. I love both picks. A complete TE. And a pass catcher.

5. Anonymous says:

How many wasted T.E.picks can you make?Bill was wrong on two first rounders and all late rounder T.E.s.

6. Anonymous says:

Wow! Luv ya ocho;)

7. Anonymous says:

Congrats Aaron! The Gator Nation will be rooting for you in your new endeavor!

8. Anonymous says:

OCHO UNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jared-
    I’d like to comment on your previous posts. When you were talking about how we drafted other DB’s high and they have not turned into studs. Wilhite and Wheatley I believe were 2nd and 4th, I would guess they wouldn’t be taken in the top 5 rounds in this draft. Each draft is different, OBVISOULY one area of the draft that was strong was DB, somthing like 15 of the first 65 picks, were DB’s. Other teams may not have needed a DB, but when they are there they took them, example the JETS. So to make a comparison of Butler to McCorty simply because they were graded at a 1st or even taken in the first round. They are compared to the people taken in that draft. Therefore, in this draft Butler might have been a 2nd or third rounder OR he might have been number 9 over all. My point is you have to take what you can get and you cannot compare drafts to each other. Somtimes you hit and somtimes you miss. I’m sure we missed a few guys we wanted this year, but if you move up constanly you wont have the oppertunity to get some of the guys later in the draft, example Denver with Tebow. Just an Opinion, as for the pass rusher, I wanted one too. I wouldn’t count one OUT just yet, we had some very SOLID picks this year, I still think some moves are ahead. I think Bill wasn’t impressed with the DE’s this year OR, he likes what we already have. I see Proyer, Brace Chung, Tate, McKenzie, Butler, Vollemer making big steps this year. MAYBE NOT. Just an opinion. NO, to AUSTIN LANE.. sad stuff….

10. Jared says:

I love what they did in the next three rnds. Pretty sure i wrote I still have a problem with the McCourty pick. And in all my bitchin about takin a DB, i never said anything bad about the player… its the position. Too many high picks at DB, and to still not have a bunch of studs back there is an inditement on your prior drafts. I loved Butler and Vollmer in the 2nd last year. I hated the Brace pick from BC. (Saw him suck to much there). And at the time I hated the Chung pick. Bill is too unconventional to agree with all his picks, but doin stuff like trading down five spots to take the same guy and getting a top 40 pick next yr to do it- makes him the best. Last year after the draft, i said we still need to get a pass-rusher…. this year, im sayin the same thing. MAYBE NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!

JNIMS

11. Anonymous says:

this is an unbelievable pick for us..bradys got options and we’re going to be loaded in the receiving core…wow

12. Anonymous says:

Love ya Aaron!

13. Anonymous says:

Jared…You flop like a dead fish…First you hate the McCourty pick now you love it?

14. Anonymous says:

Hey Jared….Don’t mess with the Zoltan:)

15. Jared says:

Opposite Bodden.

16. Jared says:

McCourty led the country in tackles as at DB. Physical, press-coverage corner with speed – brains – and toughness. He starts week one opposite. Butler has perfect skillset for nickel back.

WTF!!! A punter in the 5th F’n round!!! Commmmme Oooonnnnn

JNMS

17. Anonymous says:

Aaron is a strong player and will take note.

18. Anonymous says:

Hernandez is going to have to learn quickly because I could see him being used often especially in Welkers absence. Round 5 we need to grab a Guard or Center that BB likes, or a power RB like LeGarrete Blount!

19. Anonymous says:

John John, u dissin’ Hernandez? I grew up with a John John that me and my friend messed with as kids, is this you? I’m sorry because that’s what I (we) aren’t about, it was all in fun back then, get over it, we thought you did:) If you’re messin dont go there, it’s not polite. And as for dolls???? Don’t get me started

20. Anonymous says:

obviously BB has confidence in guys like McKenzie, Crable, and Brace….front seven dudes who showed little b/c of injuries and/or inexperience. We almost need to throw these 3 guys into our draft-mix for this year, which im astonished how solid every player we’ve picked so far. Someone pinch me, we got not one, but both TE’s we needed in Gronkowski and Hernandez. Now we know we have one for the futute; they are learning under one of the most admired vets in the league in Crumpler, who may also be showing up to play some ball thanx to his off-season training. But WOW with Spikes/Mayo…dream come true. No more Ray Rice big runs up the middle, they end in the Defensive backfield. Cunningham looks fast and athletic, which is the opposite to our DE’s on the roster. McCourty starts at Nickleback probably by week 3 or so. The only Wild-Card is Taylor Price IMO, and i don’t think BB is done drafting WR’s, so DON’T WORRY! We are set for this season, and again reloading for the future with 4 picks in the first two rounds.

Personally, I Bill looks for guys he can mold into playmakers, in 1-2 years as opposed to immediate players. Look at last year, Meariwehter looked awesome, the year before everyone was doubting him. Butler, Vollemer, Chung, played a little this year but they have a change to be play makers, I have faith in knowing that they have a lot more to evalute than Mel Kiper, and Todd McShay, who obviously don not know what they are talking about either.
    Proof: Sergio Kindle, Ricky Sapp, Bryan Baluga, Jimmy Clausen, Tim Tebow, etc.. So if you want to go read their draft and base it off of that go right ahead. I would suggest not.

22. Anonymous says:

Is this a test of patients?

23. Anonymous says:

John John….Go back and play with your dolls!!You don’t have a clue as to what you are talking about….Moron!!!

24. Anonymous says:

Hernandez brings something very new to the Pats…a pure receiving TE (and don’t tell me Watson please, he failed, and had straight speed this guy is athletic). Should be very interesting to see how they use him…very exciting.

25. Anonymous says:

Hahaha Ravens…The Patriots screwed you over for the 3rd time in this draft…Dez to the Boys, leapfrogged over you to snag Gronkowski and now nabbed your boy Hernandez…Tough luck Raven fans!!!

26. Anonymous says:

They (the pros, not the mockers) are passing on Sapp for a reason, not just the Pats.

27. Anonymous says:

Maybe you should start thinking the obvious Bruno, that Sapp has some issue, like medical, attitude, drugs, or he’s just not considered good enough because you have about a thousand plus professional evaluators (not mockers) telling you he’s not worth a pick to this point.

28. JOHN JOHN says:

HE IS A TRULY GREAT COACH AND KNOWS A LOT MORE THAN I, BUT I THINK THEY DO A LOUSY JOB OF DRAFTING AS THEIR PAST RECORD DRAFTING PROVES IT. I THINK IT IS TIME FOR KRAFT TO STEP IN AND CHANGE WHO HAS FINAL SAY ON DRAFTING. WHEN YOU GET TO THE TOP, AN IMPACT PLAYER EVERY YEAR FILLS IN WEAKNESSES. DRAFTING DOWN OR DRAFT PICKS NEXT IS A JOKE AND DOES NOTHING,(BRADY IS GETTING OLDER). WE NEED HELP NOW !!!!!!!

29. Anonymous says:

AARON!!! CONGRATS BABY YOU SO DESERVE THIS! From-Ocho fan:)

I’m pretty sure there is somthing wrong with Ricky Sapp, there has been a lot of people passing on him. NOT just the Patriots. Austin Lane is who i would prefer over a guy who only puts 60 percent out there.

31. Anonymous says:

GO AARON!!!!!! We are so proud of you!

32. Anonymous says:

Some interesting new weapons for Brady. Time to rewrite the playbook to leverage these new tight ends. Price, Holt, and Tate should be great new additions to the stable. Edelman has big shoes to fill early but Welker will be back in time for the playoff push. Still enough picks to add some O-line and D-line depth along with a punter and a RB before the day is over.

33. Bruno says:

Oh god, they passed Ricky Sapp. I don’t know what else to think.