2010 NFL Draft: 7th Round Compensatory Picks

The following players were drafted with 7th round compensatory picks by the New England Patriots.

Brandon Deaderick, DE, Alabama
5-tech defensive end that has had some injury concerns. Big guy.

Kade Weston, DL, Georgia
Another 5-tech prospect that will need to stop the run up front.

Zac Robinson, QB, Oklahoma State
Mobile QB that Patriots fans hope will develop like Matt Cassel.

Tags: Brandon Deaderick, Draft Picks, Kade Weston, Zac Robinson

10 Responses to “2010 NFL Draft: 7th Round Compensatory Picks”

1. Anonymous says:

they got the punter cuz if he pins it down inside the 20 the other team has to go 80 yard at least for a score , putting the ball inside the 20 helps the defense

2. Anonymous says:

I think you’ll change your minds halfway through the season when you realize this punter is pretty elite. He’s left-footed and puts a spin on the ball that creates difficulty when trying to catch it. Great hangtimes and able to take a bit off to pin it behind the 20. I think it was a great pick b/c it improved a position on the roster more than any other pick would have at that spot.

3. Anonymous says:

Why punter so early but I’m not going to really question bill because I am not the NFL coach of the best team in the league! Yah!

4. Jared says:

Yup. Id rather that then another LB projec that doenst make the team.

Jared-
    Damn punters, however if he gets us better position than Chris Hanson. HE WILL BE WORTH IT. Its a position game, and I think he will make the difference.

6. Jared says:

You knew they were takin one QB. N Ryan.. passed Lane up for a punter. Thats gotta hurt. I jus think hes a 4-3 DE. If hes good you’ll really be pist.

7. Jared says:

If their expecting more than ten sacks from Tully it will be a long year again…

8. Gallagher says:

I’m a new england fan and an okstate fan so i like this pick but was hoping that they also would of tooken Dez Bryant in the 1st round instead of trading to the cowboys oh well

9. Anonymous says:

It’s nice to see the Pats go with some more DL help.

Overall, I like their draft but am still surprised by a couple of points.

A punter so early? I would’ve chosen a punter with a later pick.

The biggest surprise is the lack of a higher pick or more picks for the OLB/DE/pass rusher type. This leads me to believe that the Pats are expecting bigger things from Banta-Cain (et al) or are cooking a trade deal on the side. Let’s hope so, because there still is a need to revamp the pass rush.

I love the Zach Robnson pick up, I wanted them to pick him earlier. Glad they waited. Was really hoping for Austen Lane. Oh well, and Konz. Maybe in the Free Agency.