Combine Results: Defensive Backs

After watching the spectacular performance by Connor Barwin, I wasn’t sure anybody could impress me out of the defensive backs. While they didn’t run the fastest, three defenders succeeded in making a good impression.

Louis Delmas, S, Western Michigan
Ran in the 4.5’s, but looked very smooth in all of the on-field drills. Delmas looks to be an instant upgrade over James Sanders.

Sean Smith, CB/S, Utah
This Ute is a big boy at 6’3″+ and has the added value of being able to play CB. The Patriots have always needed somebody to guard the fade route.

Malcolm Jenkins, CB/S, Ohio State
We love the fact that Jenkins ran in the 4.5’s at the combine, as that may give him the chance of dropping into the Patriots range. In our opinion, he should be gone in the top 10, as he is the most polished CB out there.

Like What You Read? – Subscribe to NE Patriots Draft!

Tags:

6 Responses to “Combine Results: Defensive Backs”

1. Admin says:

While I think Butler will be there at 23, he won’t be at 47. I was shocked by the collective slowness of the CBs

2. David Maziasz says:

Yeah, well I found that all the cornerbacks in the class, except Vontae Davis have rather average speed. I do really like Alphonso Smith. He is a ball hawk and aways manages to make big plays.Darius Butler would be a good target, but I think he’ll be gone by pick 23.

3. Admin says:

Moore and Smith are great, but there are lots of good CB’s out there, S seems to be a bit more rare.

4. David Maziasz says:

Delmas had a good combine. He really strikes me a a Patriots football player. He is athletic, hard working, and coachable. All things that Belichik looks for in a player. Sean Smith is really athletic for a guy that is 6’3. A friend of mine pointed him out to me just recently. Good player.

5. Anonymous says:

What about DJ Moore and Alphonso Smith???

6. Anonymous says:

Delmas and Smith would be awesome. Jenkins will be gone.

*/ ?>