Top 10 Draft Busts of the 21st Century
Hopefully the Patriots don’t join this list with their #7 Pick this year.
10. Peter Warrick – WR – Cincinatti Bengals
The #4 pick of the 2000 draft, Warrick currently owns an Applebees. End of story.
9. David Carr – QB – Houston Texans
The #1 pick in 2002 for the expansion Texans really didn’t have a chance. He does hold some records about getting sacked alot though. Thats pretty cool.
8. Charles Rogers – WR – Detroit Lions
The #2 pick that started Matt Millens ill-fated obsession with WR’s had a promising start derailed by injury and later by drug use.
7. Mike Williams – WR – Detroit Lions
The #10 pick was perhaps the biggest bust for the Lions ever. After not playing football for a while, lets say that his body grew while his game didn’t. Big Mike is just big now.
6. Ahmad Carroll – CB – Green Bay
Although talented physically, Carroll couldn’t understand the defense, let alone cover anyone. He is currently getting burned in the Arena League.
5. Alex Smith – QB – San Francisco
Lots of hype + Tom Condon + Mega Money + Bad Team = Big Bust.
4. Joey Harrington – QB – Detroit
I’m starting to think I should have just made a list of dumb things that Matt Millen has done.
3. Robert Gallery – OT – Iowa
The #2 pick for the Raiders never recaptured the dominant form he had for the Hawkeyes.
2. Maurice Clarett – RB – Denver Broncos
The only non-first round pick on this list, he is also the only pick to get cut for “getting his Goose on”. Mike Shanahan can’t turn every RB into a pro-bowler.
1. Pacman Jones – CB – Tennessee
As the 6th pick of the draft, may never play again for the Titans. He had more arrests than picks. End of story.